We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked for December!!

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,162 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
All booked for December!!

Our travel agent was offering an amazing deal for Bangkok over Christmas, so mum, my partner and I are heading there for Christmas and my 30th birthday!!

Staying at Pathumwan Princess - looking forward to going sightseeing and shopping!!

Just gotta do more research and decide what we are gonna see and do in the time we are there, keeping some time aside for shopping! Plenty of beautiful temples to choose from...!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked for December!!

"... decide what we are gonna see and do in the time we are there..."

Well you can use the SEARCH option for more information. You can read the FAQ's that are on every forum. You can even buy a travel guide too.

Pathumwan Princess is on the Skytrain route. Easy walk to MBK. Forum search will tell you what the Skytrain is and what MBK is if you don't already know. Read up on how to get from airport to hotel and changing money.

Good luck.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked for December!!

Thanks for the tips! Already have some ideas what we'd like to see and do. It's just a matter of seeing what we can fit into our schedule. So excited! Although we have been to Thailand (Phuket), it's our first time going to Bangkok. :D

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
234 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked for December!!

Just got back from Bangkok. During this trip, I did the Chao Phraya river cruise with the local express boat (not the tourist express which cost THB150 per day). Board the orange boat at Central Pier (Saphan Taksin BTS station). Pay THB15 and take the boat up north until Nonthaburi (final stop for the orange boat). The whole journey takes about an hour. Then take the boat back to Central Pier for another THB15. Time your journey that the return trip leaves Nonthaburi at about 6pm. By this time, the buildings/temples and bridges along the river would have been lighted up and gives opportunities for some great photography. Cost only THB30 but an amazing experience.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All booked for December!!

"we have been to Thailand (Phuket), it's our first time going to Bangkok. :D"

You should find Bangkok cheaper than Phuket. Bangkok has good transportation. City rail service available and meter taxis that are lots cheaper than Phuket too! But FIRST read up on how use meter taxis in Bangkok before hopping in one of them! Skytrain connects with Siam, Sukhumvit, Chatuchak, Patpong and will get you closer to Pratunam area. (Ratchathewi stop.)

Good luck.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All booked for December!!

Sounds great, thanks Peter.

@Infidelal good to hear Bangkok is cheaper!!! We will look up metered taxi info.

Thanks again!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All booked for December!!

The Loy Nava dinner cruise is fabulous. Great 5 course meal on a lovely rice barge. You can book online and then pay in cash or credit card on the boat. We booked the transfers with them too. We also were staying at the Pathumwan Princess....great choice, loved that hotel. Loy Nava is good because the boats are smaller than the other cruise boats and they don't have a buffet, all table service. No more than 60-65 people on board and you can have your own private table instead of sharing large tables on some of the cruises. It was a Bangkok highlight for me. Delicious food too.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All booked for December!!

may I know how amazing deal, we like go there for x'mas but come up quite expensive if you travel after 17 Dec

thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,007 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All booked for December!!

js4rq

I am sure your problem won't be looking round for things to do but rather trying to fit in all the things you want to do!

Such a hardship........you might need to come back again! :-)

I hope you have a fantastic time.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,162 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All booked for December!!

@Julie B shall look into the cruise suggestion, thank you! Looking forward to staying at Pathumwan..looks like a pretty property! :)

@steplulu Flightcentre was able to pricebeat the price we found online, they also had cheap wholesale fares available. We knew it was a good deal for Christmas! May I suggest skyscanner.net, kayak.com and other comparison websites that may be available for the UK? Good luck.

@LondonChris haha definitely!! :) so looking forward to spending Christmas and my birthday there. Cheers.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All booked for December!!

Oh I didn't notice you are not from UK. Yes I will go have a look these websites your suggested. thanks