We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirAsia insurance travel protection

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
162 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
AirAsia insurance travel protection

Hello friends,

I have bought tickets with Airasia last February ( DMK-Krabi; K.Lumpur-Bali;Bali-DMK) and had the option to buy or not travel insurance.Now I´ve bought tickets to Siem Reap round trip and Krabi-K.Lumpur and when trying to unselect the insurance option, it does not allow me to continue buying.

I´ve tried multiple times and finally gave up and proceeded to buy an insurance I didn´nt want.

Does anyone know if this is a new policy?

Thanks in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Having the same trouble here. The fares were amazingly low, but then the mandatory checked bag and insurances and otehr fees more than double the original fare.

Is there no way to decline checked bag and insurance?!?????????

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Perhaps another one of their many tricks. We should complain to a consumer association.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Didn't have a problem with either bags or no insurance. :)

Try a different browser?

Edited: 12:52 pm, October 11, 2013
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
887 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Try internet explorer not goggle chrome.

Regards Mypackagetrip

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
198 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

It doesn't matter what your web browser is. I just purchased flights on AirAsia earlier this week and YES, you can absolutely decline both a checked bag and Travel Insurance. First select your travel dates and flight times. When you get to the webpage that states "Traveler Details" you will be asked to enter your title, name, nationality, date of birth and telephone number. In the same box underneath "Add-ons" you will find a drop-down menu next to Checked Baggage. Simply select "No checked bag." In the box that states AirAsia Insure Travel Protection make sure you DESELECT the box next to "Yes, I wish to purchase AirAsia Insure Travel Protection." At the bottom of the gray box you will see the word "AirAsia Insure" and the word CANCEL in black with brackets - [Cancel]. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE WORD CANCEL and a warning box will pop up letting you know that you have opted to decline travel insurance. Make sure you select "OK" that you are aware of the fact that you are declining travel insurance and you can proceed to pay for your flight.

Edited: 1:01 pm, October 11, 2013
Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

when buying tickets last week we had to use Google Chrome, IE wouldn't work. You can do it but the site can be frustrating.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
199 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

appeite4trvl - that worked, thank you!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
198 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Yay! I'm glad it worked for you. Safe travels to my fellow Chicagoan! :o)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

Hi, I have never had aproblem cancelling the insurance and I always change to baggage on my trip to 15kg not 20. You need to be aware that the insurance in included then later in the booking you can cancel it.

cheers

Viv

10. Re: AirAsia insurance travel protection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2014