We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
252 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Hi All,

I am wondering if i should do a dinner cruise whilst in Bangkok?

Anyone has any input regarding this idea?would need to be served Western Food as well, my hubby not so much into Thai and Seafood.

Thanks so much

Annie

UK
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Shame your man not too comfortable with Thai food as a dinner cruise is wonderful. The LoyNava is amazing but as far as I recall is Thai food. Hopefully another contributor knows a quality cruise offering western food.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Hi,

that's a shame your husband doesn't like thai food because the cruise really is worth doing and the foods wonderful but it is Thai you can check out the menu on the Loy Nava website.

loynava.com/menu-thai-seafood-vegetarian.html

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Loy Nava Dinner Cruise is wonderful - did it in February and would go back again. There is a choice of menu between Thai food or Western food and all is delicious and elegantly served on board.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1…

Definately did western food and also Japanese food when I last went (November) afraid I can't remember the western menu as the Thai menu was too tempting for me!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
252 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for the feedback, a bit of a fussy eater, me in fact as well dont eat seafood but i do eat Thaifood.

What about the Charo Phraya Dinner Cruise, see they have an international buffet, could that be okey, at least there will be something for him to eat as well.

Thanks,

Annika

Malmö
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

I think the Yok Yor cruise that #4 linked to is a good option.

You pay the cruise fee (150 Bath?), then you just order a la carte from menu, reasonable prices. Boat leaves at 8 PM, but get there by 7PM to be sure you can get what you want. Full menu needs to be prepped on land, if you arrive too late you may need to suffice with the shorter menu they can prepare on board, mostly Thai I guess.

It's a different kind of cruise from the Loy Nava/Chao Praya Princess cruises, not showy or programmed, basically a restaurant on a boat that moves up and down the river. You may be exposed to karaoke/Thai cover band though. Each to his own what you prefer, my children thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Hi Annie

We did a cruise in May. The sights on the river at night are outstanding and well worth the cost of the trip alone. Temple of Dawn and the bridge lit up are excellent. You may wish to suss out which company to use. We went on Grand Pearl. Boat was fine but food was only ordinary. Maybe have a look also at dinner at the Bayoke Skytower. The buffet is good and the view from the 76th floor at night is superb. It is also a short walk afterwards to the Pratunam Markets. great for clothes.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

can some one suggest which is better of these cruise dinners - Loy Nava/Chao Praya Princess cruises- .

which one is more classy with a smaller group ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
97 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

We did Chao Phraya Cruise dinner (not Chao Phraya Princess) and it was excellent. Food was good and entertainment was also good. The dance by the crew at the end was the grand finale. We loved it.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
252 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok Dinner Cruise

Hi All,

Sorry i only reply now, had deadlines at work this week.

Thanks so much for the recommendations, now just to decide and do more research.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Annie