We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days in bangkok

3 posts
Save Topic
8 Days in bangkok

Hi guys . Can you still recomend more places to go ? Heres my plan

Day 1 - planning to relax but still dont know where to go . Maybe can someone recomend me to a good shoping place

Day 2 to 3 - going to kanchanaburi for tiger temple . Elephant . Falls etc

Day 4 - going to taling chan floating market cause its along the way back to bangkok right ?

Day 5 - to ayuthayya

Day 6 to 8 - have no idea where to go . Can u guys suggest more for me ? And are my plans good or no ? I really dont know where to go at night also haha .

P.s. Im with my gf.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

check out the FAQs 'what to see and do on the right hand side of this page.

I would also suggest one evening a dinner river cruise, maybe one late afternoon a stroll round china town ending up in Khaosan for a few beers, Maybe one evening a visit to a sky bar or sky restaurant, one evening sitting outside Country Roads on soi cowboy just people watching.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,910 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

You should visit one of the rooftop bars for a drink.

Maybe Vertigo at the Banyan Tree or Sky Bar at Lebua.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

Please don't support the abuse of animals by visiting the Tiger Temple. Have a read of this:

careforthewild.com/what-we-do/…

Otherwise - I second visiting Vertigo at Banyan Tree - it's amazing! The most wonderful cocktails. But dress up! You could also eat and explore Patpong Night market before or after Vertigo as it's not that far from the bar.

Also if you are in Bangkok on a weekend, I suggest jiggling your itinerary to get to Chatuchak Market. Even if you don't want to shop, it's a fabulous experience of Bangkok. I spent a full day there and was mesmerised (and bet your gf would love it!).

Edited: 2:37 pm, August 22, 2013
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
568 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

I do mean, 'eat at' Patpong!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

For some good shopping places, check out MBK, Platinum Mall, Pantip Plaza (Mainly for electronics), Pratunam Market, Patpong night market, china town, JJ Market (Weekend), Siam Paragon etc..

Soi cowboy is good for night life as there are so many good bars around. Patpong area is also good for night life if you visit the Patpong night market.

Also depends on your interests, you can do some sightseeing on day 6, Grand palace and other temples close by are good. Suggest watching a 4D movie at Paragon cineplex or MBK as I enjoyed this very much.

Have a great trip to Bangkok..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
1,484 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

Also have a read through my Go- List you may find some tips/ suggestions that will suit you.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i28266-Trip_Rep…

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

The dinner river cruise sounds good for her birthday then skybar . Thanks guys . Is there lazer tag in banhkok ? Haha and where is a good picnic area ? Like put some blanket on the grass and eat with a nice view .

Is the canal tour good guys or no ?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

You could go to Lumpini Park for your picnic. Reminds me of Central Park in NYC.

9. Re: 8 Days in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2014