We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

We have been past this mall in a taxi, and my research indicates it could be like JJ Mall at Chatuchak. We'd have to take a taxi as its not on a train line, so I'd be interested to know if anyones been and what its like. Don't want to waste time if its not worth it. Theres no reviews on the forum. Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
JJ Mall
JJ Mall
57 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

It used to be called Pratunam Centre. Its located diagonally across from Platinum Mall and across the street from Pratunam Market. I think the original developers had grand plans but ran out of money (people werent stupid enough to pay millions of baht for lease hold condos) and it had a rush in complete look to it, including 3 unfinished towers. New owners came in afew years ago and decided to give it another go. When I was there in May, apart from the completion of the condo and hotel towers and the outside fascade, its still looks the same as it did when it was Pratunam Centre.

Edited: 9:48 pm, August 20, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Hi Julie,

My wife & I were there just this Monday (19th Aug), but we've been there many times. For shopping, this mall is not up to par yet as 3rd to 5th floors are almost deserted. Apart from some clothing stores, the rest are massage shops & hair salons. However, we noticed that since Bekerley Hotel Pratunam started operations, shops on the ground level of this mall has mushroomed & more activities generated by hotel guests.

If you want clothings & food, go to Platinum Fashion Mall. If you want your hair done or like to have massages, then this mall is okay. The other plus is that Khao Man Kai, the famous chicken rice stall is just opposite the mall.

Edited: 10:31 pm, August 20, 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Years ago, when we visited it as Pratunam Center, it was half vacant also.

Mentioned in this post
Pratunam Center
Pratunam Center
217 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

If you've only been past in a taxi Julie perhaps you haven't been into Platinum Mall. If you do, you may never come out. It's fantastic!!! For me, beats anything else (including MBK) for shopping. First three times I went I didn't get past the second floor. Last time I started at the top (5th I think). One whole floor of jewellery and accessories. The clothes on the first three floors are great (me, size 12 Aussie). I'll be there again in a couple of weeks. Time to clean out the cupboard, again.

Mentioned in this post
Mbk
Mbk
161 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Hi Julie,

I've visited Palladium on my last two trips to Bangkok and will go again in December because I'm always successful with my purchases from there. I'm a size 16 Aus and always seem to find clothes there to fit me whereas at Platinum Mall I'm not so successful.

There's one particular clothes shop on the ground floor where I buy heaps of tops and I've had numerous positive comments on them here at home. Actually, the last time I shopped there I posted home 3.2kg of clothes purchased just from this mall.

Also, the last time I was there I went down into the basement and there are many quality antique and jewellery shops so I think that they are worth a closer look next time.

In June when I visited I found that it had become more developed than it was when I was there the previous October so it seems to me that it's starting to find it's feet.

Best wishes,

Sue

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Made it to Platinum for the first time but didn't go to Palladium. Yes theres definitely clothes here....millions of them! Bought alot of costume jewellery and clothes for my daughter. Pity that taxi and tuk tuk were only option of transport as the traffic around there is horrendous. The taxi driver on the way back really got on my nerves. Got in at the taxi stand at Platinum where the taxi stand man verified that this guy would take us to our hotel. Get into the taxi, he refuses to turn on the meter, demands 150 baht for a 2km trip and starts crazy ranting about the traffic. Talk about someone being in the wrong profession! I told him to stop and let us out but he wouldn't so husband told him he was getting no more than 100 baht so he agreed. He was an old guy and all he did was whinge about driving in traffic! Why the hell is he a Bangkok taxi driver then?? Really got on my nerves. None of the taxi drivers we have had this trip have been like this, all have been nice and polite. Anyway, rant over, we made it back in less than 10 minutes and the thief got his 100 baht. It would have been about half that on the meter. Its just the principle of it all.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Thanks Sue. Might go to Palladium tomorrow and check it out. If husband will wake up, we're going to Asiatique!!

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Please let us know what you think of the shopping.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Its definitely worth going to Platinum for clothes shopping. Theres millions of clothes for everyone in the family. We have not been to Palladium, not sure we will make it this time. Platinum is very cheap.

Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Palladium World Mall?

Ihave been to palladium world around 25 times since 2007. Its great if you are going to buy silver jewellery or necklace and bracelets . Many regards W.D sweden