We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

I will be staying near BTS Asoke for my stay in Bangkok, and need to depart for Don Muang airport for my midnight flight.

1. Any suggestions for a good, affordable restaurant near BTS Asok? I REALLY want to sign-off with a delicious meal :)

2. Whats the best way to reach DM airport at that hours (like 9 or 10 PM)? What kind of public transport are available, if any. How about metered taxi?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

restaurantsofbangkok.com/restaurants/by-loca…

Above link might help, what style of cuisine were you looking for as there are many small Thai restaurants in the area with great food but they are not what you would call 'posh'.

As to the airport my vote is metered taxi

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

Terminal 21 has many restaurants. Depends on what you want to eat.

Meter taxi is same price for one passenger or for full load. Pay meter fare and do not bargain the price! Back when Don Muang was the only airport (and I had a couple hours to kill) I have used the city bus. It was real cheap but took a long time. Unless you have time for a practice run - use a taxi!

Now if you were flying out of Suvarnabhumi you could have used the subway to the Airport Rail Link and use that service to that airport. That rail service runs to midnight.

Skytrain to Mochit. Taxi to Don Muang.

Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,891 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

You will find food everywhere.

Don Muang .. taxi.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

Thank you LondonChris_S! Much appreciated.

Singapore
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

One good non aircon thai restaurant name SUDA at Soi 14 just below the Asoke station.Mostly patronised by local expatriates.The soi also house the TUNE hotel, opposite side of Terminal 21 mall

Singapore
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

Also ,take BTS to Mo Chit terminal station and take taxi from there to DM airport for about Baht 120.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

Thanks a lot, Cheong4848!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

How many people? If its 2 just take a taxi. It will work out to be the same price as bts+taxi. If its more then 2 then taxi is cheaper.

Edited: 4:30 pm, August 13, 2013
9. Re: Restaurant near BTS Asok + Airport Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 15, 2014