We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Scotland
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

My wife, 18 month old son and I will be travelling to Bangkok for the first time in November and would like to stay somewhere nice, but central to as much as possible.

I've managed to narrow my search down to these two.

Can anyone comment on either, or better if possible, both?

We would like luxury but still be close to street stalls, restaurants and other attractions.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

For ease of moving around with an 18month toddler I would go with Siam Kempinsky.

It is located next to Siam Paragon, Siam Centre and Siam Dicovery and very close to Siam Square, MBK and Centrel World.

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

Siam Kempinski now booked! :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

I know both hotels, and I like both. Okura is very popular with guests from Asia, at present the majority is Japanese, other times the majority are Chinese from different countries. You dont see many Westerners.

The hotel is in a highrise from 24th fl. upwards. Location is very convenient if you intend to use mainly public transport. Taxis are not so easy to get, many drivers never heard of the hotel. You are close to shopping area but Kempinski is in the middle. Pool in Okura is not ideal for small kids, no kids' pool or area to play. It is an infinity pool on 25th fl.

Kempinski is a good choice in your case. Enjoy your holiday.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

Good choice for Kempinski--we had a swim out cabana room. It was super spacious, luxurious and outstanding. Their club is also an amazing perk--I bet the staff would dote on a toddler. Service and food beyond the beyond!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

hi stayed at the kempinski 2 weeks ago in budapest, if the one in bangkok is anything thing like the one in budapest go for it,my wife and i are going to thailand for 3weeks in sept, and were are booking into the kempinski for 3 nites its a first class hotel chain, good luck enjoy.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

Siam Kempinski will get you close to everything and very convenient to get around by the sky train.

7. Re: Siam Kempinski or The Okura Prestige?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 21, 2014