We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flights

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia flights

Should we book now or wait? Travel isn't until February-March 2014 but Air Asia has some promo deals which seem pretty good. Example-I found a flight from Phnom Penh departing 1/29/2014 one way price $97 pp. Is that a good price? Normally I wouldn't book my in country flights this far ahead but............. If I wait until 3 or 4 months before travel I may not get a good price??

Thanks.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,875 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia flights

Hi,

Usually the earlier the better. The flight from Phnom Penh is to where?

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia flights

Sorry! PP to Bangkok.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,875 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia flights

Hi,

I have just had a quick look at flights on that date from Phnom Penh to Bangkok (29/1) and they are a lot more expensive than what you quoted above. I think you can afford to wait a little longer, just be sure of your travel dates etc before booking.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia flights

Andy-I just checked and the price is still the same. There are 2 flights listed for the day one in the morning and one in the late afternoon/evening. The promo price is $97.00 regular price is $109.00 To the right of the page is the booking summary which shows for 2 adults 2 x 59.00 or 118.00 plus 76.00 airport charges and fees for a total for 2 adults of $194.00 USD. This is one way price for 2 adults. The 1/29 date is a definite.

See if this works: It works!!!!

http://booking.airasia.com/Select.aspx

Edited: 3:43 pm, May 25, 2013
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,875 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia flights

Hi Chris,

I should have made it clear that the prices I checked were of other airlines. Indeed, Air Asia comes out as the cheapest option.

Good luck, Andy.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia flights

I've gotten them as low as $50 one way. I'd wait for a sale one is bound to pop up. Sign up for skyscanner flight monitoring.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia flights

Thanks for the heads up on skyscanner. I found a flight from Yangon to Bangkok Air Asia 10 March 2014 for $73.00 USD pp one way!! It's a direct flight too so many, many thanks. I signed up for alerts as we have several flights to book. I also found a flight from Bangkok direct to Phuket 14 March 2014 on Nok Air which includes fee for scuba gear bag and extra wt. allowance for 2 adults one way for $150.52.

Some may think prices still too high but for someone who pays $$$$$ for US flights these prices seem so reasonable. That's why I was thinking to book sooner rather than later??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,102 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia flights

Bear in mind that AirAsia prices do NOT include any checked in luggage allowance, seat selection or food, all of which may be included in other airlines' prices so make sure you are comparing like with like. Generally speaking the greatest choice of low prices on AirAsia comes the earlier you book. The may have subsequent sales but that is usually to clear seats on dates where there is plenty of availability which may not be the dates you want. At the end of the day compared to the total cost of your holiday the likely savings from taking a chance on waiting is unlikely to be significant. Whenever the total price meets your budget and the times suit your requirements are the main criteria IMO.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia flights

Andy-Thanks. I do know about the baggage fees for AA but I still think it's a good deal. My husband's scuba bag is $21. 20 kg wt. is $14 which I don't think is bad. We can also pay for more kg. if needed. We're hoping to leave his scuba bag when we first arrive in Bangkok on 29 January 2014. We have 3 separate stays at the same hotel for 12 nights total so hoping we can leave the gear there until we head down to Phuket. I tried to talk my husband into renting but he feels more comfortable using his own gear. On some US airlines they charge $50+ for a checked bag! Gone are the days of free checked baggage on most US airlines.

As soon as I get the rest of my Thailand hotels booked I'm going to book my flights! The only ones I can't do will be the ones internally for Myanmar. Have to use an agent for those.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond with info, advice, suggestions, etc.

Edited: 5:20 pm, May 25, 2013
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia flights

Wait for a sale, around August they'll have another.

The ticket prices from Phnom Penh have a $25 departure tax included, so the $50 one way fare I see advertised, isn't that expensive really.

Have fun