We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Hi,

I have an early morning flight departing from Don Muang Airport and I would like to check if its safe to spend the night at DM airport? Are there any seats available to rest and will the food outlets be open 24 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Hi,

Check this place:

dayrooms-ciplounges.themiraclegroup.com/

I haven't stayed at the airport during the night but my partner has and she certainly felt safe.

singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Hi AjarnAndy,

Thanks for the information, however the link that you sent is located at Suvarnabhumi Airport? I'm actually referring to Don Muang Airport.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Sorry about that, there is an Amari hotel right at Don Muang. However, I am pretty sure it will be ok to wait out your time at the airport.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

I would recommend booking a room at the Amari for the night, it's not that expensive if booked in advance

singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Thanks for the suggestions. Would the shops/f&b outlets at DoN Muang Airport be open 24 hours?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

Amari is connected by walkway into the airport, is only about THB 1,500 a night so it is not expensive.

Asia
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

DMK is a very old airport. The toilets are worse than those in Thai supermarkets. There are many seats inside DMK, one level up if you're coming from Amari Airport Hotel. This hotel is very old and boring too.

Bodh Gaya, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

I dont know......what people say about don muang airport...... There are lot many options to eat and relax for food and beverages on domestic departure at level 2.

So many people do wait their all night because all domestic flights starts operations post 6:30AM....

I been to the loo and they were clean and hygienic.

Cheers...

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

We have waited overnight in Don Muaeng several times and it's fine. There are coffee shops, a little supermarket and some restaurants open all night. The chairs there are better to sit/lie on (they are padded leather ones) than the cold metal ones at Suvarnabhumi!

There are always loads of people doing this, so don't worry about doing it. Have a sarong/jacket handy though, the air con there can be a bit fierce!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,859 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending the night at Don Muang Airport

The original post is from March 16. If this guy is still at the airport he must be a little ripe by now!