We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling betwen the two airports in bangkok

Cape Town, Western...
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling betwen the two airports in bangkok

Hi,

Need some help please

I am arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport at 18:50 but need to catch a domestic flight at Don Mueang International Airport at 21:20. I have never traveled before.

How long will it take to be able to exit the one airport/get a cab drive to the other airport and checkin on time?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling betwen the two airports in bangkok

A similar question has been answered before with a very thorough breakdown of the needed steps tripadvisor.com/…47039736 Based on that you would be at Don Mueang exactly when Air Asia baggage drop closes if you buy in advance the Fast Track immigration service.

Right now you have no schedule buffer against the incoming flight running late, getting Thai baht at the airport for the taxi, being in any way confused as a 1st time traveler, or anything else.

You are clearly flying with separate tickets, so the airline departing from Don Mueang has no obligations if you show up too late - you lose your ticket. I would rebook to a later flight even if that means staying overnight in Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,494 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling betwen the two airports in bangkok

Thats schedule is way to tight for comfort. aI gree with presious poster, rebook to later flight.

3. Re: Travelling betwen the two airports in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 09, 2014