We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Hey all,

I'm feeling a little bit lost trying to find a hotel in Bangkok.... This will be our second trip to Thailand but our first to Bangkok. Only in BKK for 3 nights but have no idea where to stay! We're Australian if that makes a difference? I've been getting mixed responses depending on who I ask!

I've been told the Pathumwan Princess is a good option as its connected to MBK and has good access to everything. But I'm just not sure! Does anyone have a favourite hotel? I keep reading on here peoples favourite "areas" but I can't seem to match them up on the maps I'm looking at!!! Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

We're 28 (m/f couple) if you need to know?

THANKS!!

Rachael

west australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Hi What sort of budget are you looking at?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Area is not so important as access to MRT or BTS stations as you can then get around Bangkok quickly easily and cheaply.

Pathumwan princess is OK because it is close to shopping areas (if that is your thing) but also to BTS station.

As above give us an idear of budget and watch the suggestions roll in.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Ummm don't really have one! We want somewhere nice. 4 or 5 star. Happy to pay up to maybe $200 a night?? More for the right hotel I guess.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Also we go next week! (yes I had better get my finger out an book something hey!!)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

I've been reading the reviews on "Hansar Bangkok" and feeling very excited about it!! Any options about it? Not sure about the area or access to transport??

London, England
Level Contributor
379 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

A$200 per night will get you a very good hotel! Holiday Inn Bangkok at Chit Lom will be well inside your budget (smallish rooms though) and is a great central location for BTS and Centralworld, but better could be Four Points by Sheraton on Sukhumvit soi 15 where we spent 4 nights in January and is a good 4*, or you may just be able to get into the stylish Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for a bit more luxury.

London, England
Level Contributor
379 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Hansar is fine for central location and two BTS stations are within a 5 minute walk. I have doubts whether you will get a room there within your A$200 budget! You could try them, though.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Hey thanks sue :) As I said I don't really have a budget, $200 was just a guess what a nice hotel might cost? I've had a look at prices for Hansar and am getting $190 per night for the lead in room

London, England
Level Contributor
379 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Sounds quite a good rate for the Hansar, but Bangkok is awash with hotel rooms! Also look closely at the Kempinski - very flash and connected to the biggest shopping mall (Siam Paragon) with a BTS station outside. I just checked price online and it looks like it is under A$200: that's good also, I think. We have the Kempinski on our list to try on our next visit to Bangkok.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Feeling lost!! BKK hotels....

Siam Kempinski Hotel?? Loving the look of that one! Especially the see through bathroom!!! How is it for location? (sorry i don't know bangkok at all and its very confusing!!!)