We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MBK Shopping center

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denmark
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
MBK Shopping center

We will be staying in Montien Bangkok Hotel.

Can anyone tell if it is close to the MBK shopping center,or

just give us an idea how fare we need to travel?

Thanks.

KikiT

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MBK Shopping center

it's about a five minute walk to MBK

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MBK Shopping center

I think a '5 minute walk' is stretching it a bit!!! We stayed at the Novotel Siam Square which is in very close proximity to MBK and it was still a 5-10 minute walk. It depends which Montien you are staying at, The Montien (closer to skytrain station) or Montien Riverside. Once you board the skytrain it is a quick ride, get off at National Stadium which has direct access to MBK.

Denmark
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MBK Shopping center

Thanks for your reply....location seems to be very convenient

to MBK. We will stay at Montien Bangkok ( not Riverside).

By the way....is it a OK area to bring young teenagers??

After we confirmed hotel booking, it came to my

knowledge, that this area has quite a night life.......

Brgds

KikiT

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,321 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: MBK Shopping center

Thanks for your reply....location seems to be very convenient

to MBK. We will stay at Montien Bangkok ( not Riverside).

By the way....is it a OK area to bring young teenagers??

After we confirmed hotel booking, it came to my

knowledge, that this area has quite a night life.......

Brgds

You aren't planning on selling those "young teenagers" are you?? Only kidding. A lot depends on the "teenagers," if you are around Patpong or the low end of Sukhumvit you will no doubt pass by lots of bars and touts trying to entice you or them into the go-go bars.

If you want to be in a "bar free" part of Bangkok you can stay in the New Phetchaburi Road area. One hotel not far from Phetchaburi Road is the Asia Hotel. This hotel is right on a Skytrain stop. Not far from the Asia Hotel on New Phetchaburi Road is the First Hotel. More expensive hotels are available on New Phetchaburi Road (like the Baiyoke Tower Hotel) but further away from the Skytrain stop.

Lots of vendors, small shops, a multi floored computer mall (Panthip Plaza,) and a mini garment center (Krun Thong Plaza) in this area.

Depends on your kids, you know them, at least like most parents you THINK you know them! If they are normal teenage boys they will probably fall in love with Bangkok!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MBK Shopping center

Hi Kiki

The Montien bangkok is about 5min to Sam Yan BTS station.

To walk from Montien to MBK it takes about 18min, along the way U have to stroll by the Vast Chulalongkorn University (from one end to the other end) it takes another 5min....

The stroll not so bad, just stick to the side of Chulalongkorn Uni, as the walkway on that side are better for walking. U can later cross the bridge opposite MBK to go over but do look around Siam Square......there are many interesting shop for young & old alike.....

Have a good trip.

Denmark
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MBK Shopping center

Thanks for your information everyone. Our teens are 13 and 14 years of age (girls) and they will defenetly not walk aorund on their own. My friend told me that our hotel is located in an "adult" area.....

but after a second thought I think I have no need to worry. We will not participate in the night life and will probably return to our hotel not later than 11 p.m. after a hard days sight-seeing and shopping.

:-)

Brgds

7. Re: MBK Shopping center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 11, 2009