We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

Jordan
Level Contributor
76 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

Hello!

I will be arriving in DMK from Hanoi at 11.05 am, and I plan to take the plane to Chiang Mai at 13.45, is this enough time for me to get off the plane, go through immigration and check into the next flight?

How difficult is it to transfer between to AirAsia flights in DMK? will I have to move to another terminal? and are the terminals far from each other?

Has anyone ever done this? Please advise.

Thanks a lot

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

Hi,

you have enough time presuming your flight from Hanoi lands on time. The terminal is the same, so no worries. Just collect your bags and re-check-in. It's a small airport, not to worry.

I would also recommend web check-in for your flight to Chiang mai in advance

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

I would also recommend taking the Thai visa in advance to save time on visa-on-arrival if you are eligible for that. Getting the visa from home is better

Jordan
Level Contributor
76 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

Thanks a lot Rainman, that's good to hear! I already got the thai visa and I will check-in online to save more time!

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

1hr 55 to clear customs and recheck in - barring no delay leaving Hanoi you should have no issues.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

Unless you are delayed 30+ minutes coming from Hanoi you will be fine.

6. Re: Enough time to transfer between 2 AirAsia flights in DMK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 04, 2014