We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Auckland, New...
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

I have just returned home to NZ. I purchased top of the range lenses from Top Charoen on the proviso that they be ready for pick up no later than 12pm in three days time. When I went to pick them up I was told it would be 12.30 then 12.45 then 1.30 and then they admitted that they had not been made. So I had to leave for home without them. A month has gone by and I have not heard from them. I have sent two emails to the address the sales person gave me. Can someone provide me with a Head Office contact address. I would appreciate any help on this matter.

A very unhappy customer

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
1. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Sorry to hear about this. However I would warn you that sending an email is not likely ro get much response. You might stand a small chance if you can find someone to write it in Thai, but even then you're unlikely to get much satisfaction.

Top Charoen's head office is in Chaengwattana Road, Pakkred District, Nonthaburi Province. Phone 02 612 4170 & 02 612 4171;

Their contact form doesn't work and the only email I can find is mkt@topcharoen.co.th but there is no guarantee its the right one for your complaint.

Auckland, New...
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Many thanks for your reply. It is a start and I do know someone who owns a Thai restaurant that I frequent. I will have a chat with him. Thanks again

Gus

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
33 reviews
55 helpful votes
3. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Top Charoen looks to me like a franchise operation, so I don't think you'll have much luck complaining to the head office.

If you paid by credit card, dispute the charge at your bank. if you have any personal acquaintances in Bangkok, try having one of them go by the shop personally.

I've been going to a family-owned optical place on Sukhumvit for over ten years and they've always delivered exactly as promised on time. I never trusted these chain outfits that are in all the malls.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
30 reviews
41 helpful votes
4. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

I like chain opticians about as much as chain dental clinics.

Sounds like you paid up front. A deposit is OK, but never pay in full.

Your friend is probably your best bet.

Auckland, New...
3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Thanks for the advise everyone. I did pay by Visa so I will contact them on Monday and see what they have to say. This gives me two avenues to pursue

Cheers

Gus

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
143 reviews
77 helpful votes
6. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Where exactly is this optician? I'd like to get a couple of pairs of glasses when i'm in Bangkok in December.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

they seem to be everywhere. In Kata, on Phuket, there were about 8 (just in Kata!). I was worried about my order, but it all ended up pretty good.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
33 reviews
55 helpful votes
8. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

The one I've been going to for over 10 years and wouldn't hesitate to recommend is V. Siam Optical on Sukhumvit soi 23. My complicated multifocals cost abot a third of the price in Europe. http://www.siamoptic.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
143 reviews
77 helpful votes
9. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Many thanks! I'll check them out.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Top Charoen Optical 224 Silom Rd Bangkok

Has anyone ever seen a more blatant Money Laundering" scheme. How many empty branches are there in Thailand? Sometimes only 50-100m apart from each other. Who owns them ??