We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asia Discovery Tours

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Asia Discovery Tours

We are considering a tour of Northern Thailand with this company, but are having a hard time finding out about the company itself. Would appreciate comments by anyone who has been on a tour with them recently. Or are we better going with a DIY approach?

48 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

Providing a link to their website would help. The only one with that name I've found is an Australian company www.asiadiscoverytours.com.au - and judging by their website I wouldn't go near them.

DIY is often cheaper (with some effort in planning) and far more flexible. Lots of folks here do it, and we're all happy to offer advice and suggestions.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

www.asia-discovery.com/thailandTHL07CR.htm

Thank you....this is the tour we're looking at.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

Do not hesitate with going with Asia Discovery Tours. We have been on 2 tours with this company - 1- 15 day tour of Vietnam which was absolutely fantastic.Everything is taken care of and the tour guides are all wonderful. Hotels were very good and with 3 meals a day included there was nothing else to spend except drinks and shopping. All entrance fees included. The other tour we did was a 14 day China Discovery Tour also top notch. Could not fault anything.

We booked everything over the internet. They are based in Sydney and we are in Melbourne. They guided us all the way through the booking process and then posted everything by courier (tickets/travel bag)

Please do not hesitate booking through them. They are fantastic.

We are about to book another soon going to India.

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

I don't understand the post advising against travelling with Asia Discovery Tours. I too have toured with this company, to China, and could not fault the price, itinerary and inclusions. We saw three wonderful shows, Kung Fu, Tang Dynasty Dumpling and Dancing, and Acrobats in Shanghai. My travel companion has a severe allergy to MSG, and they were the only company to guarantee stress-free eating. I felt there was a lot of thought put into the itinerary, and covered all the attractions we were interested in. The Yangtze cruise was timed to travel through the locks during daylight, whereas I have heard that the three-day trip enters them at night-time. There was free time at the end of the cruise before the flight to the next destination, but after a quick call to Head Office in Sydney we were taken to more attractions to pass the hours at no extra expense. Hotels were also of a high standard. I would not hesitate to book with this company again.

Chennai (Madras...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

Did you finally travel with Asia Discovery Tours? I am planning to book a thailand day trip with them. Your feedback would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

I am not aware that the Australian based company does any day-trips. Their web-site only advertises longer tours ranging from about a week up to four or five weeks. There must be another company with the same name, probably in the United States, if it's just Asia Discovery .com, which the person from Bangkok is talking about.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
242 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

Personally I wouldn't use any Australian tour companies they are nearly always way to expensive before we moved to Thailand we were doing a holiday to Chiangmai and i could not believe the difference in price we used a local company to do a 5 day trip for less than a third of the price of any Aussie company and it was fantastic but at the end of the day up to you......mandy

CEBU
Level Contributor
58 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

I just arranged a tour with asia-discovery and i partially paid already using my mastercard. we'll provide some feedback soon.

CEBU
Level Contributor
58 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

hi all,

i just used them for a tour in Thailand. I affirmed that they are a legitimate company. i hesitated at first when they tried to collect full payment so i opted for a deposit. then the big day came and it went on smoothly. i paid the remaining amount of the day of the tour. the tour guide was friendly and very knowledgeable.. everything was great. the van was new and the driver was very fast. haha

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asia Discovery Tours

Good to here as we are going to be booking them for next March. We are looking at the 7 day six night tour.

Reply to: Asia Discovery Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted