We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Hi,

I purchased tickets on scoot from Bangkok to syd with a 2hr (approx) stop over in Singapore. I thought if it was just one ticket booked , that we wouldn't have to clear customs and recheckin, which is what normally happens when we travel airasia. I am confused because on our scoot ticket is the following

" If you have booked connecting flights, please note that you will have to collect your checkinbags, exit the transit area, clear Arrival Immigration and then recheck them atthe checkin

counter in Singapore for your connecting flight." Has someone done this flight that could shed some light on the matter.

Thanks in advance

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

I can't answer but....we have booked Scoot Gold Coast to Bangkok next August so I will be watching the answers! Sounds like you do have to clear customs/immigration and re-check in. Should be fun, not !!

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

You should phone Scoot and ask them. But if both flights are with Scoot, then you should not have to bother with your luggage and immigration etc at Singapore. But then with Scoot being a discount airline anything might happen.

You could ask, or search, on the Air Travel forum at bottom RHS of this page.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Yes you have to clear customs, collect luggage, and Immagration.

Have been back two weeks after Gold Coast-Sing-Bangkok trip.

It is a budget air line so there is no transit of luggage etc.

Julie B it ain't fun, It is a mad rush in Sing. Don't want to put you off, flight over not bad, but return flight from Sing. to GC. terrible, night flight very uncomfortable seats, rock hard, lights on all night, buzzer in arm rest so every time you move there is a beep, we had beep, beep, beep all night, no one had any sleep.To make matters worse it took 75 min to get out of air port on GC. They charged me $7 for a can of beer.

Have flown Air Asia 6 times and have decided to go back to them.

Hervey

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

This is common with low cost carriers, as are strict check in deadlines. If you miss the deadline they cancel the ticket fullstop. What are they recommending as their minimum transit time? It sounds quite to close to clear customs and recheck baggage to be honest.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Yes you most certainly do have to get your luggage and clear customs. no way out of it. They are good though as there is someone at the baggage collection point , and they send you in the right direction once you have your baggage. We made the connection with no problems at all .

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Thank you for all the answers, but very scared now. it seems unfair we have to do this, doesn't it, when you book a flight from Bangkok to Syd.It's not our fault they stop in Sing lol. It's not going to be fun with four kids when they are half asleep...wish I new before hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are used to air asia where they just send your bags through too.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

As far as Scott are concerned it is 1 flight BKK - SIN and another SIN-SYD, I believe in the old days it was the same with Air Asia until on some routes they started the through arrangement.

Which month are you travelling ? At the moment is seems to be a 2 hr 45 connection

Edited: 3:12 am, November 04, 2012
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

If 2 hrs 45 mins it would be that much better and should be ok

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

No it doesn't sound like fun at all We arrive in Singapore at 3pm and the flight to Bangkok is 5.45pm. Wonder if that will be enough time? Surely it will be. On the way back we are staying a night in Singapore so no rushing then.

We will just see how it goes and if its not good then we won't be flying Scoot again. I can deal with it one time but not a 2nd if it goes badly!

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel on Scoot from Bangkok to Syd

Monica- we will be in bangkok in July. we get in Sing at 2320 and dep for syd at 0210. I'm so dissapointed. Yes, I think you are correct and that is what AirAsia used to do. Will we have enough time Monica?

If I knew, I would have stayed the night in Sing, or just gone airasia.If it was hubby and I it wouldn't have been a prob, and there wouldn't have been so much baggage to collect.

I'm with you Julie - don't think I'll fly them again.. Heck, I don't even want to fly with them now...lol