We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day, Two nights in Bangkok...

tni
Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
One day, Two nights in Bangkok...

My husband and I are travelling with friends to Bangkok for two nights, one day before we head to Phuket. Need advice on where to stay, shop and visit.

Hotel: I've narrowed down to Panthumwan Princess or Sofitel Silom. Sofitel looks nicer, but Panthumwan seems more convenient for shopping and travel. Help!

Shop/Sights: We will have a total of one day to shop and sightsee. Main thing is convenience to travel there and shopping is also a priority! We also want the hotel we stay at convenient for both of these.

On our return from Phuket we're looking at a hotel near the airport. How is Sofitel Central Plaza for our last night?

Singapore
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day, Two nights in Bangkok...

Hi

Both are great choices for your trip.... I would prefer the Pathumwan Princess as it is just adjacent to MBK and nearby Siam Paragon, Siam Square, etc.

On your return, the Sofitel Central Plaza is ideal... also adjacent is the shopping centre for your last minute shopping. I believe that you can also have early luggage check-in at the Central.

tni
Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day, Two nights in Bangkok...

Thank you thaitravelking. I am leaning toward the Panthumwan Princess. Do you know if the standard rooms are sufficient enough in both PP and Central, or should we upgrade?

Singapore
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day, Two nights in Bangkok...

Hi

Again, it would be my personal view.... I normally stay in standard rooms and find them perfectly adequate in most Thai hotels.

The Pathumwan and Sofitel hotels are close to five-star standards in Thailand. So, no problems at all.