We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

Some years ago I purchased a mobile phone in Phuket and I discover later that I could have purchased it in Brisbane for the same price or perhaps cheaper.

We are off to Bangkok in January and we are looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy Beam.

Does anybody know if I am likely to get it cheaper in Bangkok?

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

There is not likely to be much difference. You can get VAT refunds at the airport on your way out of 7% if you buy from a dealer which is in the customs scheme. Most small shops aren't. There is also the issue of warranties, repairs, and charger plugs.

Loei, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

I paid 21000B for a Galaxy S3 which worked out to just over $650AUD, so you can save a little bit.My understanding of the warranties is that it is worldwide, but I am not 100% on that, and it could be as bbtony says.

I bought this is Patong, but prices in BKK were pretty much the same.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

You can compare prices here with any of the online electronic wholesalers in Oz to get a fair indication of any savings and if it's really worth running the risk of buying overseas if you do then need to execute your warranty back home if things go belly up!This place is located at Pantip Plaza...Just type in samsung into price list.

http://www.hwhinter.com/price_show2.php

Edited: 1:44 am, October 16, 2012
4. Re: Cost of mobile Phones in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 18, 2013