We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
8 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Just wondering are there any kiosks selling prepaid SIM cards in Don Muang Airport because I have never been there before and I am not sure whether it is like Suvarnabhumi airport in terms of convenient and tourist friendly. I must get myself an SIM card during travelling in Bangkok . Thanks for information provided if anyone knows about it/

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,615 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Yes, I'm going to need one also, but if they're not available at Don Muang, which I'd be surprised if they're not, I'll just wait until we get to the central area where they are available just about everywhere.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

there is apparently a 7-Eleven store flight-side with regular prices....Not sure

, .....the store is near Gate 31 of Don Muang Airport...just check if this helps.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Hi,

There are no formal mobile phone agents-- like AIS, dtac, True, etc located inside DMK airport... YET....

I do know that there's still ongoing construction land-side, and to a degree, air-side as well.. therefore, i suspect we will see at last one, if not both, of the majors-- that being AIS and dtac- with a direct presence at DMK at some point in the not-to-far-off future..

This may also take the form of a mobile sales kiosk or other mobile venue..

Travel Safe,

Mumbai
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Inexpensive pre-paid local SIM cards are available at all the 7-Eleven stores in Thailand ....have a great trip

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

What abt micro sim for iPhone?

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

Hi,

Any updates from anyone who has recently been to DMK airport; would like to know whether they have the mobile kiosks like dtac selling SIM cards and helping us to setup? since the last post in this thread is about 2 mths ago..

Many thanks! :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

There is a shop in the arrival area right across baggage claim where you can get DTAC prepaid SIM card

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

May I know what shop is that at the arrival area right across baggage claim where you can get DTAC prepaid SIM card?

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

There is a shop in the arrival area right across baggage claim where you can get DTAC prepaid SIM card.

Can anyone confirm the above? Near to which gate/exit at arrival hall?

10. Re: Mobile phone SIM cards in Don Muang Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 25, 2015