We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beers in Bangkok

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
beers in Bangkok

hi

first timer help me compare pricing please!! How much for a beer in Bangkok! thanx

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beers in Bangkok

It varies. Many places have happy hours where bottled beers can be found for 70 Baht, maybe less. After happy hour ends, the price goes up to about 100-150 Baht. There are plenty of outdoor beer bars where the price stays closer to 70 Baht, but these places do not have air con. Like most cities, the price varies alot. Indoor venues with air con, music or dancing, he price tends to go up. A little walking around might yield someplace cheaper. Also, some places have beer specials depending on the day of the week or what the beer guy is propmoting. In April I came across several 2 for 1 Carlsberg deals, but I forget if it was 120 or 150 Baht. Assuming they are still in business, avoid the Federbrau specials, Federbrau is hideous.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beers in Bangkok

Depends on where you buy/drink the beer.

It can go for as much as B300 to as low as B35. The B300 is if you order imported beers or have them at hotels and fancy places.

B35 would be the local brew bought at 7-11.

The median price for something like Singha or Chang would be around B75 at most restaurants. At bars the prices can range from B75-150.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beers in Bangkok

Most of the ex-pat bars have happy hours in the afternoons where a pint of beer will set you back 99 baht or in the case of The Office bar upon soi 33 as little as 85 baht...Go Go bars can range from 130/200 baht a beer..nightclubs 200/300 baht entry including 2 free drinks upto 800/1000 baht at Q Bar if a top DJ is in town..

Vancouver
Level Contributor
352 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beers in Bangkok

Stick to Tiger (yes not thai, but readily available) and Singha, and you'll be fine

Edited: 1:05 am, July 24, 2012
London, England...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beers in Bangkok

If like me you enjoy Guiness then the cheapest I could find it in bars was 290baht. Had a few expensive nights out.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beers in Bangkok

Many Beer bars which are open air---DO HAVE air conditioning overhead for the customers and fans. Beers are cheap there usually around 60-90 baht. Cheapest is buying in markets liek 7-11 at 35 baht. But if your out and about then beer bars are best bet. Or some pubs are reasonable too only slightly higher.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beers in Bangkok

Don't forget the many other things to do in Bangkok other than drinking beer.... :P

Expect to pay about 65THB for a bottle of Singha beer at a 7/11 store.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beers in Bangkok

Thanx just trying to get my dollars correct so we are talking $3.00 a beer canadian eh!

Now where is a great plce to stay in Bangkok?? middle of the row..and how do we get to the floating market and how do we get to a temple ... we would be landing at the bangkok international airport have 3 days in the city then off to puhket..trying to plan for christmas so any help is appreciated..would like to stay in asian properties verses the big hotels..Love the styles.. any places in puhket for a week as well and what to dos?? thanx

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beers in Bangkok

First do some research. Here on TA on the Bangkok and Phuket pages you will find frequently asked questions on right side of page.

Then research websites like:

www.onestopbangkok.com

www.onestopphuket.com

to name a couple--lots of info there.

Hotels are plentiful in Bangkok. But tell us your budget per night for accomodations. There's places for $US10 to $350 per night and everything in between. It's best to decide on activities and interests before deciding on hotel/apartment location. For example - for shopping, nightlife, bars the Sukhumvit, Pratunam, Siam Square areas are best. If you want really near the sightseeing sites along river and luxury hotels then river hotels, Silom area is very good. Consider traffic too---get hotel near a BTS skytrain station or MRT subway station for ease of transport around city. Very easy to use, clean, cheap, efficient and signs and announcements in English and Thai.

For best prices on hotels, reviews, pictures, maps of location in relation to skytrain and subway these sites are good and safe to use with credit cards:

www.hotelscombined.com

www.sawadee.com

www.agoda.com

There are many others also. These can be used for finding hotels anywhere in Thailand.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beers in Bangkok

I spent 40THB on a can of Leo Beer at a market stall last Friday July 20. Leo Beer is also a local brew by the Singha company.