We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf gear

Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
surf gear

Where in Bangkok is the best place to purchase good quality billabong, rip curl etc clothing. ANy idea of pricing surf shorts & tshirts. Kids are all in their teens so prefer the good quality gear.

Galway,Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: surf gear

I heard that the top level of the MBK shopping centre is best for Billabong etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surf gear

MBK has lots of surf gear eg Billabong, Rip curl etc you can get ok cheap stuff for 199 baht but the really good stuff is up on the upper level of MBK. It is exactly the same as City Beach etc sell in Oz, my son (l8) bought really good quality tee shirts for 350 baht (cheaper if you buy more) and shorts for the same, he also bought hooded sweat shirts for 500 baht.You can also get the caps, wallets etc. The stalls that sell this good quality surf wear are on the floor below the cinemas. You can also get skate wear eg Etnies, Independant etc. I have compared the stuff he bought to city beach and they are identical and have washed and worn really well. Good luck Catherine

Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surf gear

Many thanks for your advise - lucky we are staying at the Pathuwam Princess - next to MBK - so that will be the place we shall head. JUst one question, did you see any Surf brand jeans and thick jackets at good quality shops in MBK - we are heading to Northern Europe after Thailand - always cold there!! thanks again.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: surf gear

Yes pretty sure we saw the jeans my son actually went for the Diesel ones, but the stock is changing all the time so depends on availability, I wouldnt think you would have any problems though. Enjoy. Catherine