We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Data plan prepaid card

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Data plan prepaid card

Dear all, I am a Singaporean and will be traveling to bangkok next week and will require a data plan prepaid card for my iPhone to be mobile online due to work related.

Appreciate if anyone able to advice me on the following:-

1) Which service provider will be on better network coverage?

2) The rates of the data plan/prepaid sim card?

3) Where can I get the card?

4) Any travel documents needed such as passport/NRIC for registration?

I will be there for 4D3N. Thanks all.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Data plan prepaid card

Appreciate anyone could help! :(

New Dellhi
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Data plan prepaid card

Dtac provides good 3g with unlimited usage for around 400thb....

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Data plan prepaid card

AIS and DTAC still have the best coverage. I don't know which one has the most 3G.

I have no idea about other providers, but AIS offers 75 baht for 75 MB and 350 baht for 1 GB (expiring after 1 month).

You can get prepaid SIM cards and get set up with a data plan at a phone shop. AIS shops are in most malls (and at the airport) and are called Telewiz.

No ID necessary as far as I know (bring your passport anyway).

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Data plan prepaid card

I was in Bkk last week and got a dtac for 400bhat had 300 balance, first day 3g data free and after that it is 51bht per day. i got it at the airport. it was fast had they had a micro sim for iphone or ipad.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Data plan prepaid card

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate it. It seems like the top two choices is DTAC and AIS?

I'm looking at 1GB for 4 days, I'm fine without balance for calling/sms as I will be mostly using 3G only.

Is it possible to redirect me to the phone shop in airport? As in, how do I make my way to the mobile shop that is selling those prepaid data plan card.

Thanks in advance

New Dellhi
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Data plan prepaid card

my friend took a DTAC sim for 399 THB with 100THB talktime, and unlimited 3G for a week... its ocnfirmed...!!

7. Re: Data plan prepaid card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, July 17, 2013