We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

v s
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
112 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

I know tailors are a very controversial subject here but some info would be really helpful.

My husband used Tony Silom Tailors (branch of Tony Fashion House) in 2008 for suits and shirts. Was very happy with quality and price.

We are traveling there in June and would like to know if anyone has used them or Tony Fashion House more recently to know if quality is still as good as back then.

They don't seem to have been mentioned yet on TA.

Thanks

Thanks

kings lynn, norfolk
2 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Hi,

I have just read your post about Tony Silom tailors and was wondering if u had their email address? My husband had some shirts made by them a couple of years ago while we were on honeymoon and we want to get some more made but have lost their contact details!

Hope you can help, Thanks

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

DON'T go to tony's!!!!

I've just got back from Bangkok with a suit and shirts I had made at tony's. I paid good money and was asured the cloth was 100% cotton. Every shirt was polyester.

I've e-mailed back but no reply.

Also the suit is badly made, the stiching is already coming apart. the waistcoat hangs badly.

James.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Another 1 post wonder, posting pure crap..

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Not sure how to reply to your comment really. What are you trying to say?

My point was to let other people know to be carefull not to get riped off buy a doggy tailor. As I have.

The fact they haven't had the decency to reply at all says a lot as well.

Anyway, who the hell are you?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Somebody that knows the difference between polyester and cotton LOL

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Me too. Was quoted cotton in the showroom and on returning back to Australia unraped my shirts and they were rubbish. I don't think thats very funny, so now everyone is going to know about it.

Thanks for keeping the story going. I'm sure more people are reading this because of your comments.

"DON'T BUT FROM TONYS"

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,621 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

James I, Actually I totally agree. Don't BUY from any tailors in Bangkok unless you have excellent dependable references.

But it was silly not to check your shirts before you got back to Oz.

If you read this whole thread, you will realize why people with just 1 post are suspect.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,077 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

@DodgerIrishinLondon

Being so wise, you have probably never fallen prey to any of these scams. But, one common M.O. is delivering the goods at a time when inspection / return is difficult. Many even stall and deliver to the airport.

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Dodger.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes I should have done a test in the shop,

As for your idea of a good reference, I thought I had one. The hotel "Bel Aire" where I was staying recomended this tailor and even drove my to their shop. I have writen to them also and complained.

I'm have a meeting this week with my travel agent, who booked my trip. I don't take being ripped off lightly.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Anyone used Tony Silom tailor ? Branch of Tony Fashion House

Recommendation from your hotel is based on commission from Tony's to the concierge of your hotel. Common practice. I see this often in hotels incl. the place where I am staying at present. Why are people so trusting?