We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evil air asia

Guadalajara, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
evil air asia

I admit, I made a dumb mistake when I booked a flight from Bangkok to Phuket on air asia when I meant to book a flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui. Once the charge went through I realized my mistake and called air asia to ask for a refund. I explained to them that I had only made the reservation five minutes prior to calling but they refused to refund my money. The call center employee was incredibly rude and unhelpful. This is a terrible, evil airline. Fly at your own risk!

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evil air asia

Great Airline and you really only need to blame yourself. :)

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evil air asia

"I made a dumb mistake"

Air Asia don't even fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui. Your third dumb mistake was not reading the terms and conditions for making a booking.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evil air asia

Yes budget airlines are great when you get the price you want and you reach your destination on time without any drama...This unfortunate mistake is a travellers worst nightmare as their terms and conditions donot allow for change of ticket..As Four' points out this is a hard way to learn a lesson and a hard pill to swallow...Article 5:onwards is relevant on the link..

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/airasiatnc.page

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,602 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evil air asia

"fly at your own risk'

The good ole one post whinge lol.

This is a lesson in how some people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own mistakes and then expect that fees will be waived by the airline when in no way was this the fault of AA.

OP, suggest you don't attempt to book your own trips in future if you can't even manage to select the correct destination.

Edited: 7:13 pm, April 29, 2012
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evil air asia

Hardly an evil airline, we fly with them every year and find them great - if you had done your homework it wouldn't have been a problem.

Edited: 7:34 pm, April 29, 2012
Level Contributor
753 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: evil air asia

Evil - that's harsh... It's how they do business and thats how they manage to provide such cheap flights.

What happened to you is not a nice this, but you made the mistake to you need to live with it now... I just did the same thing with cinema tickets, book cinema tickets but for the wrong cinema... Fortunately the wrong cinema wasn't to far so I drove the extra 20 mins :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: evil air asia

How could you make a mistake in booking a flight that doesn't exist....

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: evil air asia

Hi,

"but they refused to refund my money. The call center employee was incredibly rude and unhelpful. This is a terrible, evil airline."

If they were 'rude" then that's not acceptable--- but I would note that rude does mean some unprofessional conduct and NOT a matter of essentially 'did not do what I asked' or the like.

The reality is- as the clear consensus is-- is that you booked it wrong.. and there was at least two other opportunities to review and catch your mistake before paying.. So, It's hard to really place a component of blame on them.,

As far as the mistake in booking Phuket with Samui (which they do not operate to).. This one is a head scratcher.... From Bangkok, they do not fly to anywhere whose city name starts with "Koh"..

The only thing that I can envision is that you picked Phuket but were looking at the option just below it-- Surat Thani-- whose city code is at least close to that of Samui.. URT versus USM.

Either way, the reality is that the booking engine 'shows" you the fact that you're proceeding with a BKK to HKT booking (it's displayed on the RH side of the page as you progress thru the various steps).

Much like a concert or movie ticket.. Once it's printed and money exchange, you own it.. period.. full stop. Unfortunate accident on your part, but in the end unless I can see some failing on their part, failing to properly/consistently enforce rules/policies or something that is not disclosed, I am forced to realize that the true genesis to the error falls to that of the passenger.

Travel Safe,

London
Level Contributor
984 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: evil air asia

I do not intend to comment on the OP's actions but rather offer a suggestion;

From what I understand you have a flight booked to Phuket.

This may not have been your intended destination but at least there does not seem to be a mistake as to the period when you can go.

With that in mind, forget about the "Evil" and become an "Angel" for an hour or so by flying there with Air Asia, as, by all accounts, they are providing a decent service for many at a reasonable price.

Once on site, remove angel's wings and devil's horns and tail and just enjoy Thailand.

Happy thinking

Giorgio Federico

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: evil air asia

Sad fact of life if you don't read the small print and check carefully you will almost always come unstuck.

I suspect that

"The call center employee was incredibly rude and unhelpful."

means they would not give you what you wnted rather than they were rude.

You gave it a shot they were not prepared to move on their position as is their right end of story.

I do find it hard to believe that someone does not check before final purchase to such an extent that they don't notice they are flying to the wrong destination!

Very brave of you to own up to that!!!!