We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dromana , Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gold in Bangkok

I am staying next to the MBK centre and wondering if anyone has bought gold from any of the stores there. Just dont want to get ripped off. I'm not looking for too much, just a 9ct neck chain.

Andy

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold in Bangkok

You will not find 9kt most gold is 22/24kt.

problem with this is if you then put something on the chain of say 9kt the 9kt will slowly wear away the softer gold.

The gold shops will display a price for the gold it will be very close in most shops.

Take a look round for what you want, most of the gold shops are chinese.

Last time I bought a chain it was 40,000Baht but was a real heavy chain.

Make sure you get a receipt for the gold which states exactly what it is. Gold is not hall marked in Thailand so this is your only proof of what you have.

Hope this helps.

Dromana , Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold in Bangkok

Breconian, thankyou...might buy the 9ct here at home....thanks again. Love yoour work.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold in Bangkok

Just my opinion - but don't go for this, unless you speak Thai/and/or have a reliable Thai friend to do the transaction with you. Breconian - what say thee? And, how the devil are you btw?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold in Bangkok

Just my opinion - but don't go for this, unless you speak Thai/and/or have a reliable Thai friend to do the transaction with you. Breconian - what say thee? And, how the devil are you btw?

Agree I always go with the mia and she does all the negociations.

BTY only 2 months 30 days 16 hours 42 minutes and 13, 12, 11, 10 seconds till I land.

How do you think I feel ????? 5555555