We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Hi,

Any one know has the Puppet Theatre started? Visiting 18th May and would love to check it out. Their websibe is only in thai so I can't understand a single thing. Any idea how much does it cost and the showtimes? How can i book the tixs?

thanks,

Joe

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

CNNGo are saying June. The theatre looks wonderful. I'll put it on my list for our visit.

cnngo.com/bangkok/play/photo-gallery-backsta…

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Not sure if they'll start early as Calypso Cabaret has also moved to Asiatique. Really love to watch the Joe Louis. Anyone can help read the Thai on http://www.joelouistheatre.com ? Thanks...

Bangkok, Krung...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Joe Louis puppetry at Asiatique already performing. Take BTS Sky Train to Taksin Bridge and wait for the unique shuttle boat of Asiatique will pick you up with no charge, around 4 or 5 pm and be in line.Asiatique open 5pm to midnight only. Or Take a Taxi to Charoen Krung 74-76 (Cha- roen-Krung) for prox.30 mins away from sukumvit Road or business downtown. Taxi will take Rama 3 Road and then turn to Charoen Krung and u will see Asiatique on you left side. and call for info. Land line :02-108 4400 or Mobile number:081-731-4620 to 22 ( 3 lines)

They have using the ancient Thai number. or if number they change again u can call phone company 1113 (Bug company) you can ask any phone number and places where you want to go but charge you 6 Baht per min,I think.

If i have a chance, I will them how to let's all foreigner know and have english as their second language.

Tring
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

they already have in english http://www.joelouistheatre.com/eng/

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

"Joe Louis puppetry at Asiatique already performing. "

Spoke with Joe Louis Puppet Theater this morning, Oct 16, at 09:30. They will not be performing at Asiatique until, and I quote, " mid-year". However, they do have a restaurant at Asiatique, if you desire puppet food.

IMHO, knowing how things work around Bangkok, I would assume that "mid-year" is optimistic!

Bangkok, Krung...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

The puppety show will be next year by April,Theatre is still under construction. But also,u will enjoy 10 mins of the puppet show at the restaurant (only the restaurant is open now).Let's see how that goes!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

As of today, March 11, 2013, 16:30, Joe Louis Puppet Theatre says that they hope to open the theater "THE END OF THIS YEAR, OR THE BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR." I guess April was even more optimistic than I thought!

They do, however, have a 15~20 minute "show" during dining at their restaurant, at 19:30 and 20:30. They serve an a la carte menu.

Now, to be honest, when I visited at Suan Lum, I found the main program a real snoozer. What was much more enjoyable, at least for me, was when the performers wandered around the audience and ad-libbed. Hopefully, this is the "show" that they have.

Oxford, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

I just called today. The theatre is still under construction till next year. However, the restaurant is already opened and they have mini-show with 2 puppets at 7pm & 9 pm which you can watch while having dinner.

Singapore
Level Contributor
328 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Thanks for the info... will drop by for dinner. Asiatique is their current new venue right?

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Joe Louis Puppetry @ Asiatique

Does anyone know if the Joe Louis theater will be open by early August?