We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

Hi

I am suppose to be in BKK on the 6thApril Morning at around 8 a.m and am Travelling light .

I am staying at Sukhumvit Soi 11

Is it advisable to take the Train . Which Station should I get down .

I know the Hotel and the place as I go and stay at the same place . So to walk down to the Hotel is NP if its 200 -300 meters .

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,183 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

Hi,

You can take the airport rail link to Makkasan and changeover to the MRT (Underground) at Phetchaburi Road and go one station southbound to Asok. From Asok you could walk to Soi 11. Otherwise you can stay on the airport rail link till Phaya Thai (terminal) and changeover to the Skytrain and head toward Bearing. I would advise getting off at Nana and then walking. I think the first option is the best.

Edited: 9:27 am, March 25, 2012
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

Stayed in this area a couple of weeks ago. Took the train and AjarnAndy is absolutely correct. Easy.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

Thanks Mate .

It will a great help

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

I've taken the train from BKK to Soi 8 (directly across Sukhimvit from s11, and I would recommend AjarnAndy's option 2 (Phaya Thai then BTS to Nana). You'll exit the station right by s11, rather than having to walk from Sukhimvit MRT (Asok BTS), and from Makkasan to Petchaburi MRT. Beware the 94 stairs at Nana down from platform to street though (though I managed it with a suitcase, carry on roller and backpack).

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

Take the CityLine train, not the Airport Express, and save some money (and probably also save some time because the express trains run less frequently).

6. Re: BKK Airport to Sukhumvit by Airport Express Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 20, 2013