We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night market

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Night market

Want to know which is a good night market in bangkok ..we are family & looking to do cheap shopping for clothes, handicrafts etc.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night market

Chatuchak weekend market is good, or Pratunam but neither are night markets. For cheap clothes in particular Pratunam is your best bet. (I know for sure when I go to Bangkok with my daughter I will lose her for at least a day in Pratunam)

Hope that helps

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,932 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night market

Also MBK, although not a market it's like an indoor market with many levels and air con!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night market

There are night markets along Sukhumvit Road, and Silom Road but they are not particularly cheap. Both Pratunam and Bopae markets have sections open either all night or extremely late/very early.

Another night market that is cheap, but a bit more difficult to get to is in Ramkhamheng Road near the university. For unusual stuff & clothes, try the Rachada night market on Saturdays near Ladprao MRT station.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,477 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night market

From my experience although I love the night markets, it's not really worth doing any serious shopping there. For example, goods you need to bargain really hard for in night markets are often cheaper in places like MBK and not only can you try clothes on there, but you don't have the hassle. It's air conditioned and you can clearly see the product which sometimes at night in the street, you can't properly see the detail.

5. Re: Night market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, June 20, 2013