We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distil and Vertigo ? - or other bars with views ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Distil and Vertigo ? - or other bars with views ?

Hi I have heard that both Distil and Vertigo have great views of Bangkok. Which one is better, or are they both worth a look? When they say drinks are expensive for Thailand, how expensive actually is it?

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distil and Vertigo ? - or other bars with views ?

Hi Aileen,

If you were to do a search with the words, "Distil," and "Vertigo," you may just know where to go...

... enjoy :) ...

macintosh (Robert)

just listen to the music of the traffic in the city/

linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty/

how can you lose?/

Downtown

(Petula Clark, 1964)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distil and Vertigo ? - or other bars with views ?

i personally prefer the state tower

If you go there do also try the sky bar but otherwise the distil is okay

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distil and Vertigo ? - or other bars with views ?

We treated ourselves to drinks at Vertigo a couple of weeks ago when we were in Bangkok. It was a great view (but a bit windy - it is 61 floors up!).

Drinks were good and not too expensive given the location (by Western standards - they are 2-3 times usual Thai prices) - drinks were about 300 -400 baht for cocktails and beers. Once we were seated the waiter brought us a drinks menu with prices (and held a torch so we could see it) so it's possible to work out what you will spend.

Just to mention that there is a dress code that is enforced, no shorts, t-shirts and open shoes (although mine were OK, bloke's weren't and he was lent a pair of more "suitable" footwear!). Enjoy!