We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blonde Highlights

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Blonde Highlights

I am an expat living in Thailand & am looking for a Bangkok hairdresser who can do good blonde highlights. I have a full head of blonde highlights & need my roots covering but my experiences so far have been disasters as nobody seems to be able to get right to the roots & I end up with a dark uneven line around the root area which looks worse than before they started!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,048 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blonde Highlights

Maybe the women's section of this forum can help you.

thaivisa.com/forum/…

Bangkok, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blonde Highlights

I am recently new to life in Bangkok and thought that after using Toni and Guy for 10 year in london, hong kong, australia dubai, i thought here would give me the same excellent service for blonde hair (expensve yes but always good and never unhappy) UNTIL NOW.

Never in my life have i ahd such a bad hair highlyight done, i look like i have done it myslef from the supermarket and then when i said i hated it and it was too light they tried to fix it and now it is orange even after i told them not to use that toner as it will go orange they did !!!.

I came into the store with the three colours i wanted to be put in cause my wonderful colourist in Dubai had written it down so there wouldnt be a problem..halfway through my head started burning..never before has my head burnt. i told her and she didnt care...I said at the end that i am ot paying for such a disaster and they said i had no choice but to pay and that was final.

please all be aware and after over 10 years of loyalty to toni and guy slaons around the world (i even used them in Hungry on holiday once and had the best cut ever) I will now say DO NOT USE TONI AND GUY BANGKOK FOR BLONDE HIGHLIGHTS...

If anyone has any suggestions of another hairdresser plaes let me know i am upset, ornage and 8000 Bht poorer for the terirble upsetting experience

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blonde Highlights

Hairdressers in Thailand cater for Asian hair. The products are not for Western hair i.e. they are too powerful. My wife gave up on highlights as it was a disaster every time. A hairdresser is a personal experience like doctors and dentists. One cannot recommend one.

Considering the nos. of expats living in Hua Hin I find it hard to believe there is nobody to do Western hair.

london
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blonde Highlights

Hi Jools,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal!

My wife is a top fashion magazine/editorial make-up artist and is VERY particular on which hairdresser she uses. She found Fan Fan on Sukhumvit No. 29, soi 43 and has visited them many times over the years for highlights and colours and absolutely adores them. The owner is a French expat married to a Thai lady (apologies, their names escape me!) and they are just lovely.

Hope that helps.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blonde Highlights

Pls ask your wife which stylist does her hair. Every salon seems to have one good one, the others are soso. Just to avoid Jools another disaster.

Had my hair cut at FanFan once. They are not into guys' haircuts IMO. Lady was UK trained.

london
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blonde Highlights

Hi,

My wife can't remember her name but is sure she is the only one that does the styling and has been there at least the three years we've frequented the salon.

BTW: The owners name is Franc

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blonde Highlights

This salon has moved to soi 33 or31. There were always more than one stylist. Plus prices were sky high.

london
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blonde Highlights

Apologies, Sarah and Jools. Fan Fan are on Sukhumvit soi 31.

In January this year, a full head of highlights cost under 5,000 Baht/ a little under £100GBP. In London the same costs alot more (up to 3 times!) in a decent salon so, in our opinion a complete bargain. Maybe not so if on an average Thai income.

Franc's wife always did the colouring. The one occasion my wife needed a trim, Franc himself did the cutting. The other girls did the washing and blow drying.

If keen to give them a try, from what I can see on Google, Facebook seems to be the best way to contact them and you can always request they personally do your....."do" :)

Hope that is a little more helpful.

9. Re: Blonde Highlights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 29, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blonde Highlights

Thanks for the info.