We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tour guide?

Can anyone provide recommendations for an english speaking tour guide to see some of the sights? Any tuk tuk tours?

X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Rentals, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour guide?

Hi, we used Chob for a couple of days last February and have booked to use his company again this year. He spoke very good English and picked us up from our hotel in an air conditioned vehicle. Water and cold towels were provided throughout the day. Thoroughly recommend him

Chob@thaitourguide.com

Have a great time.

Julie

Oldenzaal, The...
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour guide?

Try Nook, she is the best, speaks good english and has verry good day tours. See her recommendation on TA.

If you need her cell-phone nr, just let me now and i will send it to you.

UK
Level Contributor
898 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour guide?

Hi the Finding a Tour Guide in FAQs should help- Tuk Tuks- mmm ok good fun but loads of pollution and not too much visibility from the seats

We have hired Wandee a few times now and have always been pleased with her service, wandee@wandeetours.com and we have hired her again next month.

She speaks good English and is fun company to be with and does take care of her guests

So looking forward to being back in Thailand soon.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour guide?

There are good tuktuk tours in Chiangmai but you don't want to use tuktuks in Bangkok as they tend to be involved in scams, plus its a dirty, noisy way to suck in all that pollution.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour guide?

Try Tour With Tong.

Fantastic and some of the guides mentioned above work for her

have fun

6. Re: Tour guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 am, August 22, 2012
US
Level Contributor
314 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour guide?

We used Absolute Bangkok, listed under the "finding a tour guide" section on the right. Website has a list of various tours offered or you can customize your own. Had contacted several guides and they had the best relative price and were quick and clear with responses. Took a temple and canal tour in Bangkok with them and guide was good - very informative and spoke very good english. Considerate and nice guide. I would use them again.

If you look under the Things to Do, Tours, you can find a number of reviews on tours and tour guides as well (in addition to searching on the forum which can be a bit more cumbersome).

Manila
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour guide?

Just came back from our Bangkok trip (Oct 11-14, 2012). I emailed around 10 of the recommended tour guides in the internet. Mr. Oat (oat747@yahoo.com) gave me the best deal. I highly recommend Mr. Oat. He is has been a tour guide for 13 years, he is fun, he is also very thoughtful. He always gives us a little something everyday (some welcome gifts, street food, etc) which we really appreciate. He also has a lot of friends and connections. I told him I would like to be in the upper deck of the Chao Praya Princess dinner cruise. He was able to do it without charging me extra. We saved a lot of time and money because of Mr. Oat. I don't think our Bangkok experience would be excellent if not for him.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour guide?

Nook is the best!!!! Great guide, lovely person.

Mentioned in this post
The NooK Bangkok
The NooK Bangkok
87 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
East Meadow, New...
Level Contributor
589 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour guide?

I have a big problem thinking I am hiring Chob or Tong or other well recommended guide and getting a different person. Why bother hiring someone who is highly recommended if that is not who you are going to get? If I requested to have a variety of guides in order the vary the experience it would be one thing, but to pay top price for the famous guide and get someone who is NOT listed and has no recommendations makes no sense to me. In India I purposely had guides of different beliefs and we learned a lot having Hindu, Moslem, Christian, and Jewish guides on different days.....but I requested that and paid accordingly.

I have hired Mr. Oat who I have found replies the same day, has interesting proposals that are well detailed, and comes himself. You get the person you hire. Many of those listed in your posts told me the dates were okay but when questioned, planned to send an unknown member of their team. At least they were honest and did not surprise me with that news at the last minute.

I will report back on my satisfaction but so far I like his style.