We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

Hiya...

I am going to bangkok in May to see my girlfriend who has been travelling the world...i havnt seen her for half a year.

I want to book a hotel for 2 nights in bangkok...It must be super romantic..dimly lit room, palms in room, traditional, cosy, maybe a spa in room, candles, nice modern decor etc!!!!

Any suggestions?

Alas i am merely a student, and am not made of money..i guess i can spend £100 for 2 nights--ish.

Many thanks

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

Greetings blick (you little romantic, you):)

Last year, a friend and i spent a cozy, romantic, weekend at La Residence (laresidencebangkok.com/). It is a small property (roughly 25 rooms/suites) and some of the room categories would fit your budget.

We stayed in Suite 7, which was special. Good bed, mood lighting, mood music (stereo with CDs), balcony with little trees and plants, candles, in-room massage treatments, and very quiet (Suite 7 is on the top floor, at the end of the hall). And a nice touch: when you don't wish to be disturbed, you hang a little stuffed bear outside your door. That bear stood guard for a while...

From one incurable romantic to another, happy cuddling :)

macintosh (Robert)

My darling, I can't get enough of your love babe/

(Barry White)

Bangkok
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

I agree with mcintosh that La Residence is a real gem, however I have had friends who've stayed there and told me that it feels more like an apartment than a inn/hotel. My personal take is the three places below will be more suited to what you are looking for.

1. Old Bangkok Inn

number of rooms: 8

URL: http://www.oldbangkokinn.com

2. Ibrik Resort

number of rooms: 3

URL: http://www.ibrikresort.com

3. chakrabongse villas

number of rooms: 3

URL: http://www.thaivillas.com/indexflash.html

Cheers!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
420 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

I.Sawan spa cottage at Grand Hyatt..

3 LCD TV, one in living room, one in bedroom and the third one by the tub. I-Pod you can borrow plus the Bose Station which you can plug your I-Pod in with the best sound of music. One wet and one dry massage treatment area plus small balcony outside.

The best romantic in the center of the city, best accessibility to anyplace by skytrain or S-Class limo.

Good luck !!

leeds
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

Thanks for your help thus far...

keep em coming!!

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
154 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

La residence is a perfectly serviceable hotel, but romantic? That's possibly the last word I'd use to describe it. Great staff, so-so location near patpong, clean if musty. After six months there have to be better options for you.

London
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

I'm so sorry I can't help with your post, but Maccie usually gets that stuff right.

I just wanted to say that your post is so touching!!!!!! Your gorgeous and I bet your girlfriend will love whatever you do!!!!

Your lovely

Have a great time.

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

... oh, alantm, had you been in Suite 7 at La Residence with the woman i was with.. (well, perhaps not).. we had such a good time, we were charged for an additional day, because we couldn't get around to checking out in time..

... La Residence worked beautifully for us. Most of my business trips to BKK entail stays at "fine" hotels and "the woman" worked at a "5 star" property. It was such a sweet weekend..

... well, that's all in the past, will be getting married soon, and my beautiful bride-to-be and i will honeymoon in Bangkok at the Peninsula and the Oriental. Just between "you and me," however, i will always have such fond memories of Suite 7 at La Residence; in many respects, for precisely the reasons you mentioned: the location, the smell, (and that woman)..

macintosh (Robert)

(please don't tell my precious bride)

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need cosy ROMANTIC hotel in Bangkok

Hello again blick, and oh, you too, mrsf2b :) So sweet we are posting at the same time -- perhaps it is meant to be..

... thank you for suggesting i usually get it right (when it comes to the distaff side, i always do my best)..

... given the proper circumstances, Suite 7 is special. Now, mrsf, i know you are partial to that suite at the Swiss Lodge, but you and your husband may enjoy a long, lost, weekend at La Residence.. (i think we left a few candles and Barry White CDs)..

... a place like the LR is perhaps best experienced just once -- and only in Suite 7 -- it was Heaven..

All the best to you, mrsf, and you too, blick, you little romantic you..

macintosh (Robert)

"To Turn You On"

(Roxy Music)