We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

England
Level Contributor
234 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Hi, does anyone know what sort of times mini buses leave from Victory monument to Kanchanaburi and the cost or do they just go when they are full ? i figured it would be easier to get to than the south bus terminal.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2,746 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Also just came back from Kanchanaburi with minibus. 120 baht.

We also went there from Bkk but got the 515 to Southern Terminal (Sai Tai) for 17B and then a government bus for 110B. The minivan is more comfortable plus leaves you off the BTS avoiding the extra bus ride on the 515.

When you get to Kanchanaburi come to the main road and get one of the trucks that pass all the time. You pay 10B pp to the cemetery or railway museum. We also took a shared cab from the museum to the Bridge for 80B (divide by 4). Then we took one from the bridge to the bus station for 90B (divide bv 4).

The traffic going back to bangkok is mad so try to go off rush hour.

Lapu-Lapu City...
1 post
Save Reply
42. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

wee

Munich, Germany
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Hi,

We are heading torwards Kanchanaburi in December. We plan to arrive in BKK by train from Kanchanaburi. Our train is supposed to arrive at 8pm. If we plan to continue to Kanchanaburi are there stil busses or minibusses leaving BKK at lets say 10pm?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Hi,

Please clarify where you are coming from and going to.

Munich, Germany
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Your right where do I come from and where am I going to?

So I'm arriving via train from Chiang Mai at 8pm and want to continue to Kanchanaburi by bus. The question is are there busses leaving at 10pm or even a but later if the train is late.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Hi JohannesDM,

According to a Kanchanaburi Tourist Office leaflet the last bus from Bangkok (Southern Bus Terminal) departs at 22.00. I shall try and clarify this. Since you are travelling from Chiang Mai it is advisable to leave the train at Bang Sue junction. From there take a taxi to the bus terminal. In doing so you will save precious time.

Calicut
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Thank you bill2p for clear instructions! I traveled to Kanchanburi a couple of days back. Your note was really useful!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

Glad I could be of help.

49. Re: Mini bus to Kanchanaburi from Victory monument

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 26, 2014