We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

London, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Hi All,

Want to book some flight from London to Bangkok in September (Any Dates.

The Cheapest i can find is £432 With an Ailine called Eithad (Neer heard) Stopping in Doha which i'm not too keen about. Anyone seen any cheaper fares?

Many Thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

WWW.OPODO.CO.UK has flight with Qatar airways 425 pounds - only slightly cheaper. Believe that was from Gatwick. Never travelled with Qatar but they have excellent reputation. With fuel being so high at moment dont think you will get much cheaper than that unless any airline has 'offers' closer to departure.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

i All,

Want to book some flight from London to Bangkok in September (Any Dates.

The Cheapest i can find is £432 With an Ailine called Eithad (Neer heard) Stopping in Doha which i'm not too keen about. Anyone seen any cheaper fares?

Many Thanks

Unquote

Why are you not keen about a stop in Doha?

Eithad are running some of the latest 777's in their fleet, service is reportedly very good and the prices you like.

To get really cheap flights you will have to stage somewhere and UAE has some of the better stage airports.

England
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Hi there

We're flying with Ethiad in July from Heathrow via Abu Dhubi (?spelling). It's the state airline of Abu D so are you sure about the Doha stop as I thought all their flights went via Abu D.

I've seen mixed reviews for the airline. It depends if you get one of their new planes or one they've chartered which are not so good.

Our flights were £435 (inc taxes and a £25 charge for booking using a credit card). It would have been slightly cheaper to fly from Gatwick but I was told there is a longer stopover - ours is only 1 or 2 hours instead of 9 hrs.

We booked with Dial-a-Flight but Southall Travel might be a bit cheaper.

I went through Abu D 20 years ago and seem to remember an impressive transit lounge - could have changed a lot since then of course.

London
Level Contributor
484 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Have flown with Etihad the last 2 years and are flying with them again in July. Have never had any problems with them. They stop in Abu Dhabi which has a very good perfume and make up duty free,but my husband says the electrical isn't a great bargain. We have booked to go to Bangkok in July (peak season)

For £385,if u want I'll dig out the phone number. They have just taken delivery of a fleet of new planes so hopefullt their reviews will be better.

Brighton, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Hi, I always use 'dial a flight', they usually find the best deals, etihad are a great airline very recent with no expense spaired on the aircraft which are usually new airbusses. The stop in doha is very nice, it has a nice little coffee shop and the turnaround is usually 1 hour. I find the stop over welcome as it splits the 14 hour flight almost exactly in half (7 hours to doha and 6hrs 50mins from doha to bangkok) you can stretch your legs grab a coffee, even use the smoking room if you want before resuming your journey. Qatar Airways stop there as well, also very good. Find out your cheapest fare the approach dial a flight they should be able to beat it. Thai Airways are very dated and use older planes, eva air are also a bit suspect, the middle east airlines are definitely the best, your target price should be around 390 plus taxes. Phuket Air fly direct to Bangkok and i've heard they are very cheap at times, but are you sure thats what you want on a 14hour flight? All the best.

Oxford
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Etihad have a stop over in Abu Dhabi. They have just taken delivery of x5 B777-300ER, and A330-200. Watch the presentaion on the website -http://www.etihadairways.com/presentation/default.aspx

I have flown with them before and are great with children. Always checking to see if he is hungry or thirsty. They also give them toys to keep them quiet.

I would say it is best to fly with etihad from gatwick, as they have the most convienent times .

LGW - AUH 11.00am - 20.45pm

AUH- BKK 21.55pm - 7.30am Nxt Day arival

All sectors are on the new B777-300ER

and on the return

BKK - LGW 21.00pm - 00.15

AUH - LGW 1.55 - 6.35

Good luck watever you do

BTW qatar tend to concentrated on the european market and place older planes on the asian routes. so fly etihad!! (EY).

7. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:31 pm, March 14, 2006
london
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

I reckon if you wait until the summer Eva Air will release some special fares. Am going in May and booked for under £500 return (direct flight), which was a "special offer" when booking in December. But a new special offer now means same flight over £50 cheaper.

So prob if you wait until the June / July time, I would imagine you could get a direct flight for under £500.

Of the stopover airlines, Qatar Air meant to be decent but personally I think worth going direct.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Have just checked ebookers who we booked our etihad flight with for this July (£385)Gatwick BKK return and they are showing £380 if you can fly out towards end September, based on a quote for 17th Sept.I too had read very mixed reviews but am hoping we get the new planes.Stopover in Abu Dhabi just over an hour for us.

London
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest Fare in September from London to Bangkok

Brightways Travel have good deals with the middle eastern airlines. West East Travel have good deals with Thai and Eva. Last minute.com normally has good prices with Ethihad.

If there's less than £100 in it, personally I would fly with Thai or Eva just to go direct. But not sure about October time if you'll get that.

Airline network (website) is quite good as you can see what dates special deals are actually available on.