We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Itinerary

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Itinerary

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to be in Bangkok for 5 nights with my spouse and son in February 2012. We will be celebrating our son’s 3rd birthday in the city and just about getting everything booked for the travel. We will be staying at Soi 11, President Palace Hotel. I need your help in planning out an itinerary for the trip and I have the impossible task of maintaining a fine balance between shopping (wife’s preference) and visit to amusement parks (that’s where my son would be more interested in). After reading the forum and going through various travel sites for Bangkok, I have filtered out the following destinations which I intend to refine further through your valuable inputs:

1. Safari World (full day trip)

2. Siam Ocean World (2 hours) followed by a short (hopefully) stroll in Siam Paragon

3. Amusement/Water Park – My son would have a more than passing interest in a water park but I have read not so kind reviews about Siam City Park from safety point of view so would appreciate if you can suggest an alternative.

4. Central World - I hear Zen has reopened so would like to visit it.

5. MBK – for those bargain deals that Bangkok is famous for

6. Terminal 21, being near to where we will be staying. Any reviews yet about this newly opened shopping mall?

7. Street seafood on Soi 7

8. Restaurants in lower Sukhumvit – any child friendly places?

I know I am trying to squeeze in a lot for 5 days especially with a 3 year old in BKK heat but I really want to trim it down. Any alternatives to the above would be more than welcome. Please advise.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,867 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

Hi,

I'll comment on the day you'll be going to Safari World. Actually, you could combine that particular day with some shopping. Once you've visited Safari World you could go to Fashion Island which is a big Mall and this will keep your wife happy.

Since your wife likes shopping you may wish to visit Robinsons which is close to where you're going to be staying.

Your plans look ok to me.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

Thank you, AjarnAndy for your prompt response and it is very helpful.

I forget to add one thing in my original query. I will be travelling with couple of suitcases to go with possibly two bags. The metered taxi being what it is, with a cylinder in the boot, will not be able to accomodate all the luggage. This leaves me with an option to take a limo for the airport. Is the AOT limo reliable and do they carry a fixed charge inclusive of everything payable in advance? Any other alternative besides the limo considering the luggage that I will have?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,867 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

Hi RSDelhi,

Without knowing the size of your suitcases I cannot give you a definitve answer but I would imagine the answer is yes. Many people (couples) travel with a lot of luggage and I have seen it crammed into a taxi. Indeed, whenever I take a taxi from the city to the airport (having done lots of shopping) some of it is put either on the front or back seat without any problem.

The AOT limos are reliable and they can be booked upon arrival at the airport. Indeed, you'll see their counters soon after you collect your luggage. However, they are a lot more expensive.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

Amusement parks with a 3 year old.....are you sure this isn't for dad ?.

I'm sure you wil lbe fine with a taxi, they will use the front seat if need be.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

Good dining and nice food hall for Terminal 21. Not really a shopper but they have some designer names and off beat shops like postal stamps. Cinema here as well but have not used it.

Family freindly eats, most places are. I have taken a newborn just about everywhere here. Dining near your hotel offers many options sitting outside and watching peoples go by. A bit more nice then lower Sukhumvit. I think you will like soi 11.

6. Re: Bangkok Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 21, 2012