I am planning to be in Bangkok for 5 nights with my spouse and son in February 2012. We will be celebrating our son’s 3rd birthday in the city and just about getting everything booked for the travel. We will be staying at Soi 11, President Palace Hotel. I need your help in planning out an itinerary for the trip and I have the impossible task of maintaining a fine balance between shopping (wife’s preference) and visit to amusement parks (that’s where my son would be more interested in). After reading the forum and going through various travel sites for Bangkok, I have filtered out the following destinations which I intend to refine further through your valuable inputs:
1. Safari World (full day trip)
2. Siam Ocean World (2 hours) followed by a short (hopefully) stroll in Siam Paragon
3. Amusement/Water Park – My son would have a more than passing interest in a water park but I have read not so kind reviews about Siam City Park from safety point of view so would appreciate if you can suggest an alternative.
4. Central World - I hear Zen has reopened so would like to visit it.
5. MBK – for those bargain deals that Bangkok is famous for
6. Terminal 21, being near to where we will be staying. Any reviews yet about this newly opened shopping mall?
7. Street seafood on Soi 7
8. Restaurants in lower Sukhumvit – any child friendly places?
I know I am trying to squeeze in a lot for 5 days especially with a 3 year old in BKK heat but I really want to trim it down. Any alternatives to the above would be more than welcome. Please advise.