We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket resorts

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
phuket resorts

My husband and I are heading off to Thailand in 3 weeks or so. Any suggestions on where to stay in Phuket? We want a resort near the beach, but do not want to spend over $100/night. We do not want to be overly isolated either. Please help!!

Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket resorts

Hi

My husband I stayed at the Patong Merlin 5 years ago for our honeymoon and it was quite nice.

As the name suggests it is right on Patong Beach, right in the middle of all the action.

I can't really tell you what it's like since the tsunami but I believe it is open for business as usual.

The pool area is amazing and quite huge. It has poolside bar service and also a coffee shop. The breakfast in the their restaurant is beautiful (my husband still raves about the omelette bar).

The rooms, though not brand new, are clean and have nice balconies overlooking the pool.

As for your $100US/night, you will most definately have a lot of change left over!

If I ever went back to Phuket I would stay there for sure!

Enjoy your time in beautiful Phuket.

Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket resorts

Hi

My husband and I stayed at the Patong Merlin 5 years ago for our honeymoon and it was quite nice.

As the name suggests it is right on Patong Beach, right in the middle of all the action.

I can't really tell you what it's like since the tsunami but I believe it is open for business as usual.

The pool area is amazing and quite huge. It has poolside bar service and also a coffee shop. The breakfast in the their restaurant is beautiful (my husband still raves about the omelette bar).

The rooms, though not brand new, are clean and have nice balconies overlooking the pool.

As for your $100US/night, you will most definately have a lot of change left over!

If I ever went back to Phuket I would stay there for sure!

Enjoy your time in beautiful Phuket.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket resorts

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it's all booked. Any other suggestions, I guess I waited too long to book a hotel.....

Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket resorts

Hi

Have you checked all the hotel websites for accom there? Such as asiarooms.com , expedia.com , etc etc.

You might be lucky and find that they still have some rooms available even when the hotel reservations themselves don't.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket resorts

Thanks for your help, I just booked with hotels.com at the Karona Resort which looks great!