We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hilversum, The...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

I checked the forecast for the weather in bangkok and krabi next week (when we will be arriving on our honeymoon) and it says scattered showers all week! What are some other ideas for us to do when it is pouring rain outside? Are there inside markets? Do they even let you go on elphant rides when it rains? We are a bit worried! Let us know! THanks!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,823 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

Boy how times have changed, when I was on my honeymoon I didn't want to leave the hotel!

Usually when it rains it doesn't rain all day. Most of the time it rains for a couple hours during the day and at night time for a little bit.

You can take the time to go to a bar, a restaurant or go shopping. Lots of the vendors are under canopies where you can shop and not get too wet. You can get an umbrella for around 80 baht to 100 baht ($2.00 to $2.50) if you want to.

In Bangkok you can take in a movie (real cheap for current releases.) There are huge modern malls in Bangkok and Pattaya. You can get to many places in Bangkok by using the Skytrain, overhead rapid transit system, and avoid getting wet. Stops at Siam Center and MBK drop you off at or near big malls.

I wouldn't worry about the weather so much, your trip will not be a "wash out!"

Hilversum, The...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

Thanks so much! That made me feel a bunch better!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

how about spending time at the spa? I jus returned from BKK, and I read a brochure for a spa located in Holiday Inn that there are spa treatments that take up to half-a-day or more!

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

Hi,

I'm sure the weather will be fine, this time of the year is supposed to be the best time to go to Bangkok and on the andaman side I'm sure it will be fine, we're off to Bangkok and Phuket in just under 3 weeks and can't wait.

Check out this daily weather report for Phuket which is close to Krabi

http://www.alexmalcolm.net/weather.html

california
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rainy weather to affect our honeymoon?

I just returned from Bangkok today. There was no rain. It was sunny and hot. It was overcast the day my girlfriend and I left Bangkok. I spent 3 weeks in Thailand and the forecast said scattered thunderstorms in Phuket and Bangkok almost everyday. We only got less than 1 hour total of rain the entire time in Phuket. I almost did not go to Phuket because of the forecast. I am glad I did not listen to the forecast because it was clear almost every day. Don't worry about the weather.