We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Corner Salon

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Topic
The Corner Salon

I've read so many glowing reviews on this forum about this shop. When I googled it, the story looked a bit different. There are many negative reviews too.

The 'star', Nang, seems to do only color & cut. If you just want a cut, one of her less experienced helpers have a go at your hair with a poor outcome. Appointments with Nang get passed on to the other staff when you get there.

I have to add that I have very short hair, which requires a precision cut. Is she any good with short hair?

Any recent experiences and comments?

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Corner Salon

Where are all the people who went there? Can nobody answer my questions and comment on my reservations about the shop?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Corner Salon

My daughter and I visited this salon today after various ONLINE recommendations and I would like to share our experience to warn others to stay away. We both have medium brown blonde hair and asked for warm honey highlights with some warm red tones as a second colour. Alarm bells started to ring when 3 'stylists' tried to put foils in our hair in a very haphazard manner leaving 1 inch of root,then after 10 mins under the dryer another stylist came to check then added more colour to the 'blonde'. I realised after a further 10 mins these weren't a honey blonde but a white bleached colour which I'd insisted I didn't want so asked them to wash it and my daughter's. Result..white and barbie pink highlights with an inch of dark root and various dark patches. They said they would redo it but we were concerned they had no idea what they were doing so we said no. They insisted on payment of 10,000 baht/200GBP which I refused so they blocked the door and said they would call the police. I told them to get the manager on the phone which they were reluctant to do. After 30 mins they called the owner who was British. He said in Thailand you have to pay and wouldn't accept responsibility. I spoke to his Thai 'partner' who said the staff told her I was approaching customers to tell them to leave(there was only 1 walk in the whole time we were there).I said she was just listening to my conversation and looking at my hair...that's what scared her off! To escape I paid 6,000baht/120gbp. After speaking to a few people(I live in Bangkok)they told me of similar experiences at that salon. Please don't accept their website at face value,they have no idea what they are doing!! Regards.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Corner Salon

Did "ballsss" make a new name?

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Corner Salon

I appreciate your comments. Although the comments I found on the internet were not so disastrous, the comments were negative enough to set alarm bells off. The comments came from male & female customers.

Whether mieumieu is a 'ballsss' in disguise or not, her comments are in line with the impression I had after doing a bit of googling.

I have a hairdresser who is Sassoon trained and very careful in what she does. Downside is that she is not so great doing very short hair. The cut is just boring. She is very good doing color and highlights.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Corner Salon

No need for ballsss to disguise. Ballsss is a disguise.

My observation wasn't the complaint, just the great form!

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Corner Salon

Sounds like the visit there was a total bloody disaster and you still ended up having to pay for their botched incompetence!!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Corner Salon

Lea went there a few weeks ago for a colour and cut and was very impressed. Best cut that she has had for a very long time. She wishes that she could get the same standard for the same cost back at home.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Corner Salon

I see MM fired off her rant and left the building ... or, at least, changed her persona.

A person's do is a very personal, subjective thing. Add big expectations, and one can be easily disappointed.

As with tailors, it's best to get personal recs, from personal friends. Even then, there is plenty of room for error.

Pai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Corner Salon

Just went there yesterday and am extremely angry... had gone after reading a lot of recommendations online....the whole time i was there the woman and her staff tried selling me some product or other.. wanted to scream at them... stop selling.

i initially had opted for a product and they gave me a deal but later told me they were out of that product and i must settle for something else and tried selling a range of products to me.

Horrible haircut...complete rip-off

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Corner Salon

Here we go again...