We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

we are booked in bangkok on April 8-10 and we plan to extend one more day in the city before we proceed to Cambodia....is there no hassles getting a bus going to Aranyaprathet early in the morning of April 12 , i understand this is a day before Songkran.. We need advices please.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

Hi,

Travel by pretty much ALL forms of domestic transport will be very, very busy just in front of the the holiday itself thru a few days afterwords.. However, to offset this increase, most transports will run some extra capacity to accommodate the higher volume... Airlines and buses included.

While Aranyaprathet itself may not be the biggest city, there are some towns of moderate size on the bus route.

I'd plan on it being busy and consider yourself lucky if it's not.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 10:17 am, March 31, 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

Packed is the word, with huge queues at MorChit Mai bus station.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

we will be staying at silom near trains station and i understand there's a double decker bus at Lumphini Park bound to Aranya..... how about we will be there very early in the morning you think we can possibly get a bus still on April 12? or just stick to our original schedule that we leave bangkok on 11th to Cambodia..........maybe if 12th is worst maybe 11th is a bit worst i think when it comes to bus transportation to Aranya.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

I've no idea about the bus from Lumpini. Leaving on 11 April will be better than 12. The day before Songkran is always the worst.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

i think the problem in bus transportation will be experienced if we will go with the locals, how about a package tour in KSR ( though i hate to consider this) maybe we can escape all these throng of passengers.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

i've read it on travel blog of "ambot-ah.com"

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

thanks bbtony...so we will leave bangkok on 11th then.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

what time is the morning is the tirp going to aranya prathet?

9. Re: bus from bangkok to aranyaprathet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 25, 2012