We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to go to Hua Hin or Krabi

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Time to go to Hua Hin or Krabi

I have looke into going to Hua Hin bt am a bit concerned about the beaches and sea...and their quality. I've been to koh samui and know krabi is beautiful, but wanted ot avoid the extra flight once arriving at bangkok, therefore looked at hua hin. Can anyone comment on the beaches?

Also I would normally go at christmas, but due to other comitments this year need to go between june and september. Weather websites have conflicting reports...what is the weather like in hua hin during this time? Alot of rain or ok? Which month between june and september has the least rain?

Thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to go to Hua Hin or Krabi

Weather in the Gulf around Hua in June to september should be dry and sunny, usualy around 27-34, true the beaches around Hua Hin are not as good as Krabi but they are very different places and have their own features and attractions, if the beach is important perhaps Koh Chang is worth you thinking about but of course far quieter than Samui? at that time of year is not a good time for krabi weathwerwise.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to go to Hua Hin or Krabi

Just returned from both Hua hin and Ao Nang(Krabi)yesterday. I didn't care for the water at Hua Hin, but the beach itself was nice to just relax and enjoy the weather. There is a great selection of restaurants and it's nice and quiet at night. Ao Nang is beautiful and the water is fantastic. Take a longtail to one of the islands close by and you'll be in paradise - probably best to go in June.