We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Hi all!

We are going to Bangkok mid January and are thinking of buying snooker queues there.

Any ideas where I can find good quality for a good price? We are also looking for a carrying bag (case) for the queues.

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Umm... one of the strangest questions I've seen here. I guess it's that you are coming from Bahrain, any top quality snooker cues that one sees here (and I actually won a snooker tournament in Hua Hin in april last year - doubles that was, thanks Kenny!!)originate from the U.K. Like darts, these are two things that are cheaper in the u.k. than in Thailand, as they are imported!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Wouldn't it be a tad boring if everyone always asks exactly the same questions? ;)

Did I win a price for posting a strange one?

No, seriously, my husband said that he'd like to buy the cues (sorry for the horrible mis-spelling above) in Bangkok since you get better quality there and you should be able to get a case for transportation/carrying around too (not available here).

I guess it's still cheaper paying the imported price than a trip to the UK.

So...do you have an address where we might be able to buy good quality cues in Bangkok?

Congrats on winning the tournament!

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Snooker or pool cues? For the latter The Ball in Hand on Sukhumvit soi 4 fancies itself as being one of the most upmarket (non sleazy) pool halls and I believe has a shop selling high quality cues - but whther they are only pool cues I don't know. I think I have seen snooker cues for sale in the sports department of a Robinsons departemnt store - but whether of any quality? You might be better off on ebay.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

There is a sports department store in Bangkok

- its in the Ramkamheng area and the building is called "FBT". Whether they have cues or not I don't know, but I would think so as there are many snooker halls in Thailand. good luck!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

You can try the Emporium Department store on Sukhumvit Soi 24. There is a small sports department where i once saw snooker/pool stuff. The "FTB" on Ramkhamhaeng (next to Soi Mahathai and opposite Ramkhamhaeng University sports center) is also a good one. A very big place selling all sorts of sports equipment. Don't remember seeing snooker/pool stuff there but never paid attention to that.

Steve

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Thanks Steve, FTB it is -have'nt been for a while!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Thanks guys!

Will check those places out and who knows, maybe we are lucky and get exactly what we are looking for.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Ha ha ha Gaz, NO, you are right, it is "FBT".

2357 FBT Sports Complex Building

Ramkamhaeng Road

Huamark, Bangkapi

Bangkok 10240

Thailand

Tel : (662) 7184700 - 44

Fax : (662) 7184769 - 70

Steve

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to buy .... snooker queues in Bangkok

Crikey, another marble lost. Who keeps pinching them?