We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Jim Thompson's house

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SQ
10 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Jim Thompson's house

Hi,

Need directions as to how to get to Jim Thompson's house, the only information I have is that it is somewhere near the skytrain at National Statium.

Besides the 100Baht admission fee, do I need to pay additional tour guide fees? What can I expect to see in the house? Approximate time for touring (excluding shopping time!)?

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Jim Thompson's house

Had to give someone this info yesterdayon the telephone! So, as it had been 5-6 years since I'd taken someone there I dug out a map tojog my memory. From the national stadium skytrain,

get off the train as if coming from Siam station, get to the other side of the main road underneath you, once down on the main road (rama 1) walk on in same direction that train you just got off would be running, look for soi kasamsen 2, walk to the end ofthat soiand the house is on the left by the canal.

The guides feeis minimal and worth paying. When you get to the bedroon, they usually hold upa very odd looking object to the assembled group and ask "what do you think this is?" The answer, as I have been many times, is, a bedpan!!!! Suprise evryone with your answer! Guide takes only about 30 mins.They also have a nice cafe there now.