We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taxi

i need to get a taxi from bangkok airport to my hotel.iam staying at twin towers rong mung road putuman?? can someone tell me the best way to get a cab thanks

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi

I am in Thailand at the moment and received good advice before I came. Go outside the airport to the taxi booth. You can ask for a price to your hotel but if not tell the taxi to turn on the meter as soon as you get in. Make sure he turns it on otherwise he will charge you more. I asked for a price and got 300 baht to hotel plus paid 60 baht for expressway. If they use the meter you will pay less plus the 60 baht for the expressway which is faster. Then when we went to the airport from our hotel we told the driver to turn the meter on he didn't want to. he asked how much we paid to the hotel, I said 300bht. He said ok I do it for same and he then paid the toll. The meter still would have been cheaper but that was pretty cheap anyway. My daughter was much weaker, they really insisted she take the limousine inside the airport. He charged her 700 baht. She was on her own though

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
788 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi

After the customs clearance, proceed on and when you can see money changers, you are already out. If you need change of money or if you need small change, by all means do it before you proceed any further. Walk on and past those Airport Taxi" and "Airport Limousine" and those greeters, look out for the the airport directional sign of "Public Taxi" and exit from there. You should be able to see a queque for a booth, line up with your luggages, the Q will get cleared very quickly. Tell the lady at the booth where you want to go and she will put it down on a slip of papar with the Thai address on it. No payment whatsoever now. Proceed to the next "taxi-metre" available and give your slip to the taxi driver. If he seems to know where he is going, tell him to turn the metre on as you get in. The metre starts from 35 Baht. When you pass the toll gate, some taxi driver will pay the toll first while some will ask for money from you to pay the toll, that's why you should have some small change ready. I remember we paid two toll fees, one for 40 Baht and the other 20 Baht. When you reach your destination, pay the reading on the metre rounding it to the nearest ten, plus 50 Baht for the service of the lady at the airport plus the toll fees if you have not already paid it.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,783 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi

You can also contact your hotel and see if they do a pick-up at the airport.