We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

lebanon
9 posts
Save Topic
any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

my wife and i will be staying at the ambassador during the new year holiday, any comments or reviews about the hotel? do they have high spees internet access in the rooms?

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

The ambassador has in a sense 2 different bits - the older bit and what they call the tower wing. The rooms in the older bit are smaller, but although the tower rooms are larger, the one I stayed in was really quite well worn. the ambassador is of note for its good location, the really good breakfast buffet that they put on and for a quite extensive and noisy collection of birds that are kept outside. The downside to me is often reception, where they are often quite snotty and it is one of the few hotels where I have been close to really losing my temper - arrived 8pm to check in to a booking to be told we'd have to wait for an hour before being able to access the room - my demeanour magically accessed us a room in 5 minutes ( and no I didn't swear or cause a scene - my wife said it was the black looks and possibility that I might cause a horrible scene that effected immediate action ).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Stayed there a couple of years ago.

Its tires and run down in the rooms if possible try to get the "new" wing its not so tired and not so in need of TLC. There was no internet in the rooms then but there is a good cafe in the shopping archade, CD writer card reader.

The coffee shop has been revitalized and looks good but the service is as bad as it ever was. There is a good nightclub with some good acts and bands but can be an expensive night. If pushed I could spend one or two nights there but nore than that I woul be pushed to suffer it. Tends to have huge tour groups.

Still its only for sleeping.

enjoy your trip

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Andyagain

I think many people want to eat those birds. They are so noisy even when I stayed at Brite City Tower further into Soi 11 they would be a good morning call even when in the rear apartments.

But the roof garden can be nice if you don't mind being eaten alive.

I agree IMO the only good thing is location location location I personally hate buffet breakfasts, they never seem to be able to keep food hot and eadable, and will always try to get my price w/o AFB.

There are many places where a really good plate of British heart stopping breakfast can be had that would keep you working for the day. Also normally I am a lazy guy and normally cannot make it by the time they clear away.

Level Contributor
1,054 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Ambassador is only good if you stay in the tower, this bulding dating from 1980 and sesigned by architect Dan Wongprasat offer large room and small marble bathroom. For long time it was one of the best in Sukhumvit. In restaurant i see a bottle of Petrus for 68000 bahts !

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,851 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Do you think you can get any other hotel?

well this hotel is very warn out

You might want to rethink about staying at this hotel

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Yep, cannot give this hotel any good reviews.

It's well-known, yet not publicly admitted, that the "fire" there a few years ago was, an insurance job! Nothing to say about it really- find somehere else. Also, anyone considering The Westin should beware! I willprovide more info as requested (as will one or two guests recently who have had valuables mysteriosly dissapear from their rooms/safety deposit boxes.

lebanon
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

thanks bangkokgas..actually the tour company changed us to the menam riverside hotel, any recommendations or comments on it?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

The Ambassador has a huge construction site in their front yard, Sukhumvit side.

If you can afford it check out the Landmark. Another hotel in this area is the Swiss Park Hotel at about the same price as the Ambassador.

Bangkok has lots of good hotels around the Sukhumvit and the Siam area. The Skytrain runs up and down Sukhumvit for easy connections.

Loads of cheap internet shops all around that area. Average cost is probably 1 baht per minute for high speed connections. Don't bring a laptop with you unless you need it for business reasons.

AL

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,851 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
The Siam
The Siam
736 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Level Contributor
424 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any reviews on the ambassador hotel?

Gus,

How much you pay for either Ambassador or Menam Hotel ?

For the same price, you can get either Arnoma Bangkok (opposite Central World Plaza)or Bangkok City Inn (Bangkok Bazzar near Central Chidlom) with much better location and surrounding.

Try request for a change .

Good luck !!

Mentioned in this post
Arnoma Grand Bangkok
Arnoma Grand Bangkok
485 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok City Inn
Bangkok City Inn
448 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Central Chidlom