We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where for Christmas?

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where for Christmas?

Does anyone have any recommendations for where a single female traveller can spend a few weeks in December and over Christmas?

I've heard than Ko Pha Ngan is pretty cool, if you avoid Hat Rin, as they have Ibiza-style bars, good snorkelling and nice beaches. But have also heard great things about Pai, which also appeals as a Christmas base. Decisions, decisions. Any thoughts?

England
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where for Christmas?

Hi

Just been reading all your posts, I am to visiting Thailand for the first time alone to, I dont know what to expect and have mixed feelings. But on the whole I am looking forward to my adventure.

I am flying out to Bangkok on the 12th Dec for 3 Days and then on to Phuket for Christmas and Cha-am for new year.If you are around would love to meet up. 39 Female

bc canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where for Christmas?

ditto single female 40 counting the days :) in phuket december 15th to new years

England
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where for Christmas?

Hi

Great someone who is over 20, were are you staying in Phuket would you fancy getting together? have you travelled alone before?

Angel02

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where for Christmas?

Hi Angel and Ennie

Sounds great, I would love to meet up with you both. Whereabouts in Phuket are you staying and have you booked yet?

England
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where for Christmas?

I will be in Phuket from the 16th Dec to the 26th. staying at the Islandia Park Resort,Karon Beach. What about you 2?

Angel02:-)))

bc canada
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where for Christmas?

i have booked a small hotel in karon beach. i would love to hook up with other solo female travelers...............the1964gem@yahoo.com (named after a hot rod vehicle in our family - not me LOL) look forward to chatting with both of you.........cheers

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where for Christmas?

g'day we are an aussie cpl early 40's who will be in phuket over new years also. im afraid i havent got the name of our accom at this moment (my wife booked it).if youd like to catch up for a chat let me know please lindley_jack@hotmail.com

cheers

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where for Christmas?

Hi everyone. Looks like I am the odd one out! Had planned to be in Ko Pha Ngan for Christmas. I arrive late November though, so may well be ready for a change of scene by mid December, and if that's the case, will email you'all and catch up with you in Phuket. Plan to be in Chang Mai early January if anyone else is interested in going that way. In any case, I hope we'll get the chance to share a festive cocktail or two. Happy travels.

Nina x

singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where for Christmas?

hi, i m Micheal here as i will be in phuket for Chirstmas until New Year maybe will be heading towards Changmai as i have not been there or u can add me at phuket_com@hotmail.com so we can keep in contact...

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where for Christmas?

nina

we will be in chang mai 27-12 till 2-1

staying at the novotel chang mai if you wish to catch up let us know please

lindley_jack@hotmail.com