We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Dragon Restaurant

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Dragon Restaurant

Has anyone been to the Royal Dragon Restaurant at Bangna, and how far would it be from the Baiyoke Sky Hotel and how would you get there.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Haven't been, but I've always wanted to try their dim sum buffet lunch.

From the Baiyoke Sky, you're looking at between 12~15 kilometers. How I would get there would probably depend on what the traffic looked like.

Taxi would be the most straightforward means to get there. You might want to ask to get to "BITEC" . It is probably better known than Royal Dragon. BITEC is next door to the restaurant.

BTS to On Nut might be another option. From there, it is an easier access for taxis. But, you would have to first get the the BTS!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Its vastly over rated with lots of bland food. Not worth the effort of fighting through the traffic. There are far better places to eat nearer you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,611 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Have you hit their dim sum lunch?

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Thanks for your replys. I thought it would be difficult to get to. I will try Once Upon A Time restauarant as recommended before. How far out should I book? I guess I will have to ring them as they dont seem to have an email address..

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Generally speaking, you do not need to book in advance by weeks for Bangkok restaurants. Sunday brunch buffets are very popular and it would be prudent to book them a few days in advance, otherwise, just ring the restaurant on the day of your intended visit and I'll bet London to a brick that you won't have any trouble in securing a table.

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Thanks Exchef , it is just I was wanting to go there on Valentines Day maybe dinner thought it might be booked out.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Hadn't thought of that, VD, that is. Maybe a week in advance would do the trick. Have a nice Valentine's Day dinner.

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

Thanks Exchef,

Also my Birthday scary big 50 !!!! Can you suggest other restaurants if I have problems getting a booking.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

For your Big O the following in no particular order:

Lemongrass; Cabbages & Condoms (very romantic with the Thai food being "fired down" which seems to be agreeable with most who go there); Bussacaram (pronunced "Boots-a-karem") an upmarket restaurant in Pramuan Road with a good reputation; Angelini at the Royal Orchid Sheraton (riverside) another very romantic restaurant;

All the above are Thai with the exception of Angelini which is Italian. If you would like more recommendations PM me for further information and suggestions.

10. Re: Royal Dragon Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2010