We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur - Preference ?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensalnd
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur - Preference ?

Visited Kuala Lumpur and loved it as all the shopping in central area , very easy to get around . Very much enjoyed the local culture and people who were very kind . KL did not seem to be "tricked" up for tourists and there did not seem to be hordes of tourists around hence was easy to mix with the locals . From this perspective and also the shopping which would travellers who have been to both KL and Bangkok recommend ?

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur - Preference ?

I have been to Bangkok many times and last year visited K.L. for first time. Like you I was pleasantly surprised - more relaxed, not the horrendous traffic of Bangkok. I think Bangkok has more to offer in terms of 'colour' and local life, and of course the night life. Want to go back to K.L. and see what my thoughts are second time around.

london
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur - Preference ?

bangkok no contest

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur - Preference ?

Bangkok or anywhere in Asia for shopping and excellent food and service cannot compare to KL. At any chance I jump at travelling to KL no place nicer.