We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could My Parents be Stranded?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
Could My Parents be Stranded?

Hi

I know this forum is for information on hotels & restaurants but due to the current situation i would appreciate any information or thoughts on the Bangkok Airport siege.

My parents left Bangkok to Pughket and are due back in Bangkok to fly out to Sydney on Monday. I can't get any info via email and their mobile rings out. Do any of TA's experienced members know if flights go to Sydney via Pughket.

Thanks

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
403 posts
1. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

Yes Phuket to Sydney is a frequent route and Bangkok flights are being redirected to depart from Phuket and Chiang Mai direct to Australian cities. For peace of mind you could call the Australian Embassy in London and they will track them for you (thats if their Australians) likewise British Embassy if their British.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

Which airline are they on?

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

it depends on which airline they are on. as far as i know JETSTAR are the only airline that flys direct from phuket to sydney

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

Thanks for the help

The air-line for their next flight is

QF002 1725 0625 04th Dec

Parents! their worse than kids!! I bet their mobile was charged before they left and thought that it would last a 6months on around the world tour.

Thanks Again

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

Ask your parents to get from Phuket to Singapore. Qantas flight QF2 is now operating between LHR and SYD via Singapore (until BKK airport becomes operational again). Vice versa with QF1 from SYD to LHR via SIN.

From Phuket to Singapore, there are about 9 flights daily operated by SilkAir and Tiger Airways. Addt'l flights has been added this week to get more travellers who had made their way from BKK to Phuket out of Thailand.

Have your parents or you can help them by calling your local Qantas office to confirm that if they (ie. your parents) made their way to Singapore, they would be guaranteed a seat on 4 Dec'08 on QF2 to SYD.

Currently, QF2 departs from Singapore at 7:40pm until further notice.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

Kebin is right. Qantas have re-routed and also anyway have flights from Singapore t Sydney on a regular basis.

They can fly Phuket to Singapore. there are between 8 and 9 flights per day. For a connection to Qantas best they use Silk Air ( wholly owned by Singapore Airlines ) as opposed to a budget carrier ( i.e Air Asia, Jetstar, Tiger Airways ).

Silk Air ( also operates as Singapore Airlines codeshare ) have 4 flights per day. Flight is just over an hour and a half. Silk Air 'should' be able t book their baggage through to SYD.

If they call Qantas I am sure they would agree a suitable way.

7. Re: Could My Parents be Stranded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:25 am, October 15, 2009