We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour With Tong

The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Tour With Tong

Hi All,

Myself and my boyfriend are heading to Thailand in January, and were wanting to book a tour with Tong to go to the tiger temple etc..However she is booked on the dates we are there. Was wondering by any small chance... is anyone booked with her on the 9th, 17th or 18th?? Anyone want to share a tour? I dont mind paying half or more then half.

Otherwise has anyone had any experience with any of her team members? I was wanting to see Bam Bam the sun bear, but get the impression only Tong does this?

Thanks alot :)

Bec

Mentioned in this post
Tour with Tong
Tour with Tong
4,471 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour With Tong

**bump**

or if anyone is interested we can share a tour with one of her guides?

any takers?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour With Tong

Hi,

I tried to book with Tong in January, for 19th,20th or 21st, and she was fully booked,(she's so popular!) she's put us on her cancellation list though, so you never know, we might get lucky and get Tong.

I've still booked with her, but with another of her tour guides.

I've heard that they are all brilliant, so I don't mind.

There are other of her guides that get priority at the temple, and apparently, a couple of her guides will take you into Bam Bam's cage, as they know the bear really well also,

So maybe ask Tong, and you can book with one of them

Good luck organizing the tour,

Harmsy..

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
186 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour With Tong

Hi there,

Her guides are brilliant! I went in August and left my tour booking until the last minute so I had to use her guides as she was already booked. We were first in line for everything and got to spend more time taking photo's. They definately get preferential treatment!!!

We were also the only ones to go see Bam Bam - even got to feed here!

It was an absolute hightlight!!!

The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour With Tong

thanks so much for your advice guys :) i wasn't to sure if i should just organise our own way to get there since i couldn't go with tong! but i'll probably just book to go with one of her guides :).

I emailed her about bam bam and she said she is no longer able to see him/her due to political reasons? no idea whats going on there!

anyways if anyone is interested in sharing the tour with us just give me a yell, the way the economy is travelling at the moment we'll be lucky if we have any spending money for over there lol.

hope you all enjoy your trip! =]

bec

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour With Tong

Hi Bec,

If your available on the 19th Jan, your more than welcome to share with us.

Where doing the floating market, tiger temple etc.

Just let me know if your interested.

Helen.

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour With Tong

Just to let you all know -- We just finished 3 days of touring with Tong and she is absolutely incredible. From the pickup with VIP van at Laem Chabang at the end of our cruise until our third day out with her doing the Floating Markets and Fishing Village - everything was perfect.

She is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. She is charming, warm, funny, sensitive and extremely knowledgeable. If you want history, you'll get all the facts, if you want all the best shopping, you'll get that too (and at the best prices).

We were truly overwhelmed by her.

The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour With Tong

Wow helen thats a kind offer, and would of been wonderful, but we depart for home at 2.40pm so i doubt we would be back in time for our flight! Is your tour a full day?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour With Tong

Hi Bec,

You would of been more than welcome to come with us !

I can't even change our date to work in with you, as the 19th is our 1st full day in Bangkok!

And yes, our tour is a full day tour, from what I can gather, we wont be back at our hotel till late.

Anyway, you never know, someone else may read this, and take a tour with you! and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time what ever you do.

Take care on your travels,

Helen.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour With Tong

Thats ok helen, I would never ask you to change your date! Hopefully someone else sees this:)

Thanks very much for your kind gesture! Hope you enjoy your trip also! I'm sure you will! This is our first time so we have ALOT of exploring to do :)

Bec

The Sunshine State
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour With Tong

anyone else?