We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Hi everybody

For all the times that I've been in Bangkok, I've always thought Pratunam is the shopping haven for wholesale shopping but have just heard of Bobae Tower and there are some that claims its better than Pratunam.

Can anyone please share their thoughts and advice on this. Will be in Bangkok next Sunday :)

Thanks

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Bopae is a huge wholesale clothing market spread along many streets and alleys on the edge of Chinatown. I would say not much difference although few tourist visit Bopae.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

I'd go to Pratunam - bobae has gone way downhill recently and the "men in brown" have been around checking exactly what they are selling IN boebae -simply coz they can't make money out of it whereas ouside stalls they can. An example is english premier league shirts - no chance at boebae, the Thai and British police have cut down that avenue.There are still name brand clothing in boebae but even the vendors are being really cautious about it, not overtly advertising, and saying actually "we cannot even pay off the police anymore". This was my experience last week before anyone comes on here and tries to contradict me. Outside stalls anywhere in bangkok are usually better if wanting to buy copies. regardless, I thought most of what was on sale at bobae was cr#p anyway.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Thanks dragonc and bangkokgas :) Found platinum mall on my last trip there and fell in love with it so i thought Bobae Tower could be similar but on a bigger scale - so its definitely no go huh??

Speaking of platinum, I've heard that people say that pratunam and platinum sells similar stuffs but platinum offers more comfort - is this true or should i be going to pratunam too?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Platinum is indoor; pratunam is outdoor in various streets and alleys. Bopae is also largely outdoor.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Dont like Bobae myself, actually not much difference between it and Pratunam. Prices are pretty similar but I prefer the outdoor feel of Pratunam.

Why not just visit? its only a 5-10minute ride on the San Seab Klong Boat. Get on at Pratunam Pier and say BoBae.

6. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 21, 2008
KH
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

how far is platinum to pratunam? from the map, i tot it was just 2-3 streets away? it should be easy easy if you want to go pratunam as well rite?

please correct me if i'm wrong

Malaysia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Platinum and Pratunam is opposite each other, just walk across the road from platinum and you reach Pratunam.. I'm going to Bangkok end of this month, so happy!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

One mo' again: cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/thai/downtown_sh…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pratunam vs Bobae Tower

Bump